All4 "blocking" fault

(55 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

strat1962

Corrigap - 1 week ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 6 hours ago  » 

Bughtlin - 9 minutes ago  » 

strat1962 - 1 day ago  » 
    Hi Guys, same problem for me on All4. HUMAX HDR-1010S 1TB HDD cable connected to router.
    The mini series Resistance episodes 1-3 play fine.
    On Episodes 4,5 & 6 the adverts play correctly at the beginning and when the programme starts the screen breaks up into coloured blocks.
    Episodes 4,5 & 6 play fine on my laptop and tablet when wirelessly connected to the router.

I reported that to C4 and to freesat at the time they uploaded the files. No change months later

If I remember correctly, those of us who tried them out found no problems.

I tried them out and I encountered problems, and I still am encountering problems, so not fixed here.

Hi it's 29/12/15 & I just wanted to update from my earlier post. The episodes I couldn't view of Resistance, 4,5 & 6 now play fine on my 1010S. At the time of my original post I had to watch these episode on my laptop to conclude the series. Haven't watched any other OD Ch4 programmes since.

| Wed 30 Dec 2015 0:42:18 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chautara

Over the past week I have been experiencing the exact same problem when trying to view the first two episodes of C4's "Deutschland '83". Viewing via the app on iPhone, Samsung Smart TV app and websites are all ok, it's just the Humax On Demand that's the problem.

| Sun 17 Jan 2016 11:49:57 #42 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Chautara - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Over the past week I have been experiencing the exact same problem when trying to view the first two episodes of C4's "Deutschland '83". Viewing via the app on iPhone, Samsung Smart TV app and websites are all ok, it's just the Humax On Demand that's the problem.

Episode 1 streaming OK on my HDR1000S.

| Sun 17 Jan 2016 11:59:02 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Interesting that all the series mentioned in this thread as giving trouble, are from the curated "Walter Presents" strand.

Three possible factors come to mind.

1. The dynamic ad insertion: foreign-language ads must be replaced with English-language ads.

2. Subtitles.

3. Might the Walter programmes be delivered from a different server?

Excellent strand, I hope it succeeds and continues.

| Sun 17 Jan 2016 12:31:24 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bughtlin

JamesB - 10 hours ago  » 
    Interesting that all the series mentioned in this thread as giving trouble, are from the curated "Walter Presents" strand.
    Three possible factors come to mind.
    1. The dynamic ad insertion: foreign-language ads must be replaced with English-language ads.
    2. Subtitles.
    3. Might the Walter programmes be delivered from a different server?
    Excellent strand, I hope it succeeds and continues.

JamesB this happened way before they created the Walter presents

| Sun 17 Jan 2016 22:43:21 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

All the programmes are subject to dynamic ad insertion. Programmes in the Walter Presents strand have additional challenges - how significant, I don't know, but these series do seem to get mentioned often in reports of problems.

| Sun 17 Jan 2016 23:05:40 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chautara

grahamlthompson - 11 hours ago  » 

Chautara - 8 minutes ago  » 

Episode 1 streaming OK on my HDR1000S.

Just checked again and both episodes are now viewable for me also. I had tried everything before my previous post such as power recycle and eventually a factory reset - all to no avail. As surmised earlier by others, it looks like a Freesat server problem.

| Sun 17 Jan 2016 23:43:01 #47 |
  8. VFRRider

Chris Marsh

Having read the whole of this thread in conjunction with mine, it would appear that 2 Months down the line C4/FreeSat have not been able to sort this issue out. I'm not sure how many people this is affecting but it's good to know I'm not alone on this.

If it is to do with C4's 'Targeted-AD-Insertion' as it has been suggested then surely it would be in C4's interest to sort this out so they can ensure maximum exposure to their 'Targeted-AD-Insertion' if only to improve revenue streams.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 12:33:05 #48 |
  9. VFRRider

Chris Marsh

Channel 4,s latest response.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your email regarding All 4.
    We would like to advise that the All 4 team are working hard to resolve the issue that you have experienced.

While we are unable to provide a time frame for a resolution, please keep an eye on the service for updates. We are sorry for the disruption to your viewing at this time.

Thank you for taking the time to contact All 4.
    Kind regards,

Andrew Glover
    All 4 Support

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 15:47:11 #49 |
  10. VFRRider

Chris Marsh

I received an e-mail from FreeSat yesterday stating that they have been working on this 'All 4' issue with Channel 4's development team, they ask me to confirm thist the issue still exists, which having tested I confirmed that this was the case.

So maybe just maybe something will happen.

| Fri 19 Feb 2016 9:53:24 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.