My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1000S, can't change channel, remote non-responsive

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jennyjb1

It's a 500GB. The LAN is connected and is running correctly we think as we have another box connected upstairs which is ok. In any case we will give your suggestion a try as soon as this freezing weather gets better! Can well understand you running out of ideas. Do you think it could be a faulty Humax box?

| Mon 25 Feb 2013 22:03:42 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jennyjb1

EUREKA!!! Got up this morning, switched on and would you believe it, everything is back working (apart from having lost all recordings - small price to pay!)!!! Can't believe it and have no idea how it happened but am not complaining Think the threat of re-installing Sky probably helped ha! ha!
    Anyway, thanks to everyone on the forum who helped. I'm still not convinced by something that appears to "self-help" at will but will give Humax another chance. Happy viewing everyone!

| Tue 26 Feb 2013 9:36:31 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jennyjb1

Spoke too soon..........grrrr Back to same old same old!!!!

| Tue 26 Feb 2013 12:37:00 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

robjo

Hi Jennyb1,

I have seen this before on my unit. I thought it was the remote at first, but it feel as if the unit is doing something. Does it only happen certain times of day ? To be honset it just went after a few hours

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 14:10:39 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jennyjb1

The only way we can change channels now is to re-format each day which lasts about 4 hours before we have to do it again. Of course, this means we can't keep any recordings which kind of defeats the object of having an HD+ box. There seems to be a software problem which kicks in when a certain capacity is reached on the disc but how to cure it? I have no idea!! To say we are disappointed with Humax is an understatement!!

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 23:18:20 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I would contact retailer or Humax Support to get the unit exchanged....think you have tried best you can to resolve issue.

| Thu 28 Feb 2013 0:18:41 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.