My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Amazon Prime

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ejenner

I'm struggling with this as well.

I've got a LG TV which has Amazon on it... so I can still easily get to Amazon to watch stuff on there. I just imagined this amazing future where there would be no requirement for switching inputs and juggling remote controls / adjusting volumes.

I've not found the Humax portal yet... where is that?

| Sun 5 Feb 2017 9:44:11 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

ejenner - 20 minutes ago  » 
    I've not found the Humax portal yet... where is that?

Not called portal on the FVP 4000T.

On Demand section - Humax Apps

| Sun 5 Feb 2017 10:05:46 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

ejenner - 4 hours ago  » 
    I've got a LG TV which has Amazon on it... so I can still easily get to Amazon to watch stuff on there. I just imagined this amazing future where there would be no requirement for switching inputs and juggling remote controls / adjusting volumes.

It's arrived - it's called Chromecast.

| Sun 5 Feb 2017 14:23:41 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 

ejenner - 4 hours ago  » 

With the ability of modern devices to screen mirror even the Chromecast may become obsolete.....

| Mon 6 Feb 2017 1:12:56 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

giverny - 12 hours ago  » 

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 

ejenner - 4 hours ago  » 

With the ability of modern devices to screen mirror even the Chromecast may become obsolete.....

You would still need an app on the device you are casting to in order to complete the transaction. That is what we have been discussing i.e. a lot of manufacturers do not continue to support their products for very long once they have your money. Therefore, something like Chromecast which is only a very modest outlay is a better option as this does get long term support. Other media streaming devices are available.

I have just purchased another Chromecast to convert a 'dumb TV' into an all singing and dancing SMART TV thus extending it's usefullness.

We purchased a Panasonic HWT-120 PVR only a couple of years ago. This particular model has the BBC iPlayer app. It used to work reasonably well - not anymore. I assume due to further advancements with the iPlayer and the lack of support from Panasonic, the HWT-120 now struggles to even load the app and still less run it (over Ethernet on a fast connection). It's so slow I could see beard growth on my face by the time it fired up a programme (at the third attempt).

| Mon 6 Feb 2017 14:02:58 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Pollensa1946 - 3 weeks ago  » 
    Don't feel bad about it. When I bought my HDR1000S in 2012 it came with a statement that "Humax plan to make a server facility available". Still waiting. Humax do tend to exaggerate a bit. Which has at least equipped me to look critically at everything they say about their products next time I'm in the market to buy. So not entirely a loss.

Latest on the server....

Unfortunately despite the engineering teams best efforts it has not been possible to implement the server function without impacting on units usability/stability due to limited hardware resources.

| Wed 1 Mar 2017 9:48:56 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

And it's took them four years to decide this? Even for Humax that's got to be a record.

| Wed 1 Mar 2017 23:11:13 #17 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Faust - 8 hours ago  » 
    And it's took them four years to decide this

Nope.

I delayed posting the news.

| Thu 2 Mar 2017 7:42:36 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Barry - 39 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 8 hours ago  » 
    And it's took them four years to decide this

Nope.
    I delayed posting the news.

Ah I see! but by how long have you delayed this earth shattering news, weeks, months or years?

| Thu 2 Mar 2017 8:22:56 #19 |
  10. graham uk

graham uk

special member

This past winter we purchased Amazon TV Fire Stick which is excellent at a low cost of £35
    We don't subscribe to Amazon Prime...Installed a program KODI and installed repertories enable us to have catchup on none smart bedroom TV plus free film & TV.

| Thu 2 Mar 2017 9:07:12 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.