My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Amazon Prime

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

graham uk - 2 hours ago  » 
    This past winter we purchased Amazon TV Fire Stick which is excellent at a low cost of £35
    We don't subscribe to Amazon Prime...Installed a program KODI and installed repertories enable us to have catchup on none smart bedroom TV plus free film & TV.

Amazon TV Fire Stick, Chromecast, Roku, Now TV box et-al. They all do a great job and a better prospect than relying on PVR apps.

| Thu 2 Mar 2017 12:35:00 #21 |
  2. graham uk

graham uk

special member

Faust - 5 hours ago  » 

This past winter we purchased Amazon TV Fire Stick which is excellent at a low cost of £35
    We don't subscribe to Amazon Prime...Installed a program KODI and installed repertories enable us to have catchup on none smart bedroom TV plus free film & TV.

Amazon TV Fire Stick, Chromecast, Roku, Now TV box et-al. They all do a great job and a better prospect than relying on PVR apps.

Chromecast the problem is not provided with a remote so you have to use Mobile phone to change menu. We don't all use Mobiles !

| Thu 2 Mar 2017 18:33:08 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

graham uk - 48 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 5 hours ago  » 

Chromecast the problem is not provided with a remote so you have to use Mobile phone to change menu. We don't all use Mobiles !

The Chromecast is designed to provide simple screen casting from mobile devices (doesn't have to be a phone can be a PC or tablet). It can work in two ways.

1 For chromecast enabled apps it takes over the stream your control device merely acts as a control/content selector. Same way as Youtube can be transferred to a G2 satellite box.

2 It can also acts as direct point to point screen cast, your mobile device continues to download the video stream.

| Thu 2 Mar 2017 19:27:08 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

graham uk - 17 hours ago  » 

Faust - 5 hours ago  » 

As Graham T rightly remarks, you don't need to own/use a mobile in order to use Chromecast. I have a cast button in the top right of my Chrome web browser on my Desktop PC - this works just as well as a mobile.

I rely on our Chromecasts to the extent I now couldn't imagine life without them.

| Fri 3 Mar 2017 11:57:31 #24 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.