My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Annoying 'WATCH IN HD' message.

(38 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

007lookalike

Is there any way to get rid of the annoying 'WATCH IN HD' message that comes up every few minutes when watching a non-HD channel like BBC1?
    My problem is I live in an area not yet served by HD service on some programmes like the local news (North East England). So I can't watch in HD, I only get the 'test card' for want of a better term.

| Sun 21 Aug 2016 20:48:36 #1 |
  2. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

As far as I am aware, there is no way of removing the message.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 9:13:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

As I recall (might be mistaken) on the Freesat boxes, 1000/1100 series, that message only appears when there is an actual alternate HD channel available to view. Where there is no alternate it does not appear. So is this an FVP4000 bug?

EDIT: re-reading your post I see...

007lookalike - 12 hours ago  » ...I only get the 'test card' for want of a better term.

...so are you saying there is an actual HD broadcast there but it only shows a test card?

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 9:30:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

007lookalike

Yes there is a HD signal but no programme broadcast in my area. The test screen I get on BBC (for example) is the red circle animation of hippos, penguins, dogs etc. Perhaps something for Humax to remove in the next update?

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 10:24:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

That explains the message and as you say, something for Humax to fix.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 10:29:55 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

As far as I'm aware it should only appear once when you change to a channel with an HD alternate

If it's appearing repeatedly then there's something weird happening

People in flats using a communal aerial system sometimes have problems receiving HD because the aerial system filters out the frequency the HD channels use. I assume the MUX for HD channels uses higher frequencies & they get blocked. So you could try adding a filter to the aerial system to block the MUX carrying the HD channels until such time as you can actually receive them, not sure what other channels it would block though.

This site seems to have more information

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/ampsandsplitters.html#Filters

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 13:05:42 #6 |
  7. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

I can receive all the HD channels. I also keep getting the message coming and going if I am watching (say) BBC1 and do not choose to change to BBC1 HD. I often do not select it, as I usually have my channel in a 'favourites' group order and have this selected instead of just TV. When I press 'OK' on the Watch in HD message, it puts my group selection back to the original 'TV' group so instead I put up with the message keep reappearing as it's slightly less annoying!

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 13:23:25 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bitterman

special member

If you add the HD channels to the end of your favourites as well (as there are not many) then it will not switch out of the group.
    I have done the opposite and added the SD channels to the end of my favourites as the Freeplay options do not usually funtion on the HD channels but do on the SD. Hope this makes sense.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 14:20:54 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

007lookalike

Do Humax read these posts or should I inform them of this irritating situation?
    P.S. I don't have a shared aerial system and don't want to block all HD signals.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 14:34:48 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

You should contact uksupport@humaxonline.co.uk it might help to give them a link to this thread too https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/annoying-watch-in-hd-message

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 15:13:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.