My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Annoying 'WATCH IN HD' message.

(38 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Have you investigated the possibility of interference from an HDMI cable? Maybe something has been moved and cables have got too close together.

| Tue 17 Apr 2018 7:36:35 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chrispy

It would be really good if this could be fixed. Maybe if the message just displayed once (when changing channel) that would be better. Rather than flashing it up every few minutes.

Workarounds are okay for now but a bit of a pain.

I use Standard Definition channels because the subtitles in High Definition are too small. If the subtitles were the same size, perhaps I would watch High Definition channels.

| Sun 29 Apr 2018 10:18:14 #32 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Chrispy - 13 minutes ago  » 
    It would be really good if this could be fixed. Maybe if the message just displayed once (when changing channel) that would be better. Rather than flashing it up every few minutes.
    Workarounds are okay for now but a bit of a pain.
    I use Standard Definition channels because the subtitles in High Definition are too small. If the subtitles were the same size, perhaps I would watch High Definition channels.

That's an excellent point. I would contact the BBC and point this out as an unexpected consequence. I always though it's pretty stupid immediately after following a prompt to switch to SD to watch the local news to be faced with a prompt asking you to switch back to HD

I wouldn't have though it beyond the BBC to provide a high res version of the subtitle overlays for HD use to maintain the size.

| Sun 29 Apr 2018 10:34:12 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

I am glad I am not alone finding "(OK)Watch in HD" notifications really annoying now that they seem to occur every few minutes and a dark shadow surrounds it. Should be a setting option to turn it off.

Also beginning to find trailers for next programme top right in last minutes of some shows, which are also unwanted distraction.

Who to blame BBC or Humax?

| Fri 1 May 2020 14:17:59 #34 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rocksteady - 1 min ago  » 
    I am glad I am not alone finding "(OK)Watch in HD" notifications really annoying now that they seem to occur every few minutes and a dark shadow surrounds it. Should be a setting option to turn it off.
    Also beginning to find trailers for next programme top right in last minutes of some shows, which are also unwanted distraction.

The BBC are . You can get rid of the prompt by pausing and releasing live TV for a few seconds. I avoid this by adding a series recording for the local weekday news and watching that later.

| Fri 1 May 2020 14:22:02 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

grahamlthompson - 2 mins ago  » 

The BBC are . You can get rid of the prompt by pausing and releasing live TV for a few seconds. I avoid this by adding a series recording for the local weekday news and watching that later.

Thanks for the reply. I will try the pause/play workround. Assume that works on 5000T.

| Fri 1 May 2020 14:26:00 #36 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 mins ago  » 

Thanks for the reply. I will try the pause/play workround. Assume that works on 5000T.

All of the Humax pvr's have live pause. All you have to do is slightly increase the time between the box asked you to switch to SD till the annoying message times out.

The 4000 and 5000T are essentially identical, and now both have the same user interface. The same dodge does work with the Humax HD Freesat pvrs as well

| Fri 1 May 2020 14:28:49 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

rocksteady - 21 mins ago  » 

Add to that the squashing and chattering over the end titles. These are always the fault of the broadcaster. You could always complain to the relevant broadcaster but you will get one of the standard responses: "Nobody else has complained" is a favourite.

| Fri 1 May 2020 14:45:04 #38 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.