My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Annoying 'WATCH IN HD' message.

(38 posts)
  1. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Bitterman - 1 hour ago  » 
    If you add the HD channels to the end of your favourites as well (as there are not many) then it will not switch out of the group.
    I have done the opposite and added the SD channels to the end of my favourites as the Freeplay options do not usually funtion on the HD channels but do on the SD. Hope this makes sense.

It does still switch out of the group when I OK the 'Watch in HD' message, even with the HD channels added to the favourites list.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 15:29:38 #11 |
  2. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I wasn't aware that it gave this message, but that's probably because I watch in HD and just change channel to SD if I want to watch a local news broadcast.

One of the reasons I bought the 4000T was to complement my HD TV, so I don't watch anything in SD when HD is an option.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 16:16:43 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

007lookalike

esme - 3 hours ago  » 
    You should contact uksupport@humaxonline.co.uk it might help to give them a link to this thread too https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/annoying-watch-in-hd-message

Thank you for that suggestion Esme, I did that and got a very quick response:
    "Thank you for contacting Humax. I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed by the 'Watch in HD' prompt. This prompt is provided by the broadcaster themselves, but I will pass your comments across for future software consideration. Best Regards, AndrewG"
    I replied:
    "Thank you for your swift response Andrew. I'm surprised that you say this is provided by the broadcasters as I didn't get these messages on my previous Humax HDR Fox-T2 machine?"

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 18:53:11 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

007lookalike - 2 hours ago  » 
    I replied:
    "Thank you for your swift response Andrew. I'm surprised that you say this is provided by the broadcasters as I didn't get these messages on my previous Humax HDR Fox-T2 machine?"

Was that really the case though? I get a 'Watch in HD' message on my HDR-FOX T2s.

It may be that the message isn't as prominent on the HDR-FOX T2 compared to the FVP-4000T.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 22:05:42 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

007lookalike

No message on mine.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 22:10:45 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

The message will only appear for BBC and channel 5, and is dependent on having the HD version in the guide, and the broadcaster sending the flag to indicate that the HD version has the same programme. When there is BBC local news on the SD channel I don't get the message but presumably the broadcaster does occasionally make a mistake.

I am using 2 different HDR-FOX T2s on different softwares, the latest and an older one, and they both flag up the HD channel as per the freeview technical specification state they should be capable of.

I wonder if you were receiving from multiple transmitters and that confused the software which checks if the HD equivalent was in the guide.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 22:51:27 #16 |
  7. graham uk

graham uk

special member

HD Display Sign. It only shows for a few seconds...so I don't see a problem.
    I find it a good reminder if I want a better quality picture.

graham uk

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 9:58:36 #17 |
  8. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

graham uk - 42 minutes ago  » 
    HD Display Sign. It only shows for a few seconds...so I don't see a problem.
    I find it a good reminder if I want a better quality picture.
    graham uk

It shows for a few seconds but keeps coming back every few minutes so can be distracting

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 10:41:16 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Agree it is distracting - would be nice to have a menu settings option to suppress it

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 14:39:57 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I am finding this increasingly annoying on my 5000T. I have just watched the BBC1 News on SD, knowing that it would be followed by the London News which is not on HD and I was getting this Watch in HD prompt about every 3 or 4 minutes. It was awful. It is my choice to use SD in this case, I should not be hounded like this.

Something must be done to make its appearance optional, even if the signal to do it is coming from the broadcasters.

Later thought: I have not had a chance to try it yet, but I have just wondered if watching a few seconds delayed would act as a workaround to suppress these annoying messages.

| Tue 3 Apr 2018 14:10:48 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.