My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Another odd 5000T glitch - fixed

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Another in the catalogue of 5000T glitches. I have, as recommended, a 20 minute automatic startup for 0700 each day. Yesterday morning I came downstairs at 0705 to find the red light staring at me, so it had not auto-started. I pressed the standby button on the remote and up it came, so it was not frozen.

I switched off again and did a power off/on reset and today it was fine.

Oh, the wonders of this box!

| Sat 8 Feb 2020 12:33:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have just found another.
    Because of the image retention/screen burn on my OLED TV (caused by the static blue play icon when paused), I now either swap to live TV or put the TV into standby if I know its going to be a while. If I pause the Humax and put the TV into standby, when I turn the TV back on the Humax always plays with subtitles until I disable them.

| Sat 8 Feb 2020 13:46:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

There does seem to be a problem with the 5000T first thing in the morning.
    Mine has a habit of responding to any press on any remote (TV, another Humax) and switches on. Once on, no buttons from the other remotes have any effect. Unlike me, my 5000T enjoys getting up in the morning.

| Sat 8 Feb 2020 13:48:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

SSThing - 2 mins ago  » 
    ... If I pause the Humax and put the TV into standby, when I turn the TV back on the Humax always plays with subtitles until I disable them.

That one as well!

| Sat 8 Feb 2020 13:49:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

EEPhil - 2 mins ago  » 
    There does seem to be a problem with the 5000T first thing in the morning.
    Mine has a habit of responding to any press on any remote (TV, another Humax) and switches on. Once on, no buttons from the other remotes have any effect. Unlike me, my 5000T enjoys getting up in the morning.

I used to get that with the remote on my old Topfield box switching the 5000T on, but I have not seen it with any other since the Toppy died.

| Sat 8 Feb 2020 13:53:00 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

EEPhil - 10 hours ago  » 

SSThing - 2 mins ago  » 
    ... If I pause the Humax and put the TV into standby, when I turn the TV back on the Humax always plays with subtitles until I disable them.

That one as well!

Do you have the HDMI output of the box connected using a HDMI splitter to two displays ? if so it happens every time to me.

No real problem. turning of the subtitles on the source box simply fixes it for me.

| Sun 9 Feb 2020 0:40:33 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

In my case, the Humax is fed via my home cinema amp to the TV.

| Sun 9 Feb 2020 9:04:21 #7 |
  8. davidrew

davidrew

special member

A1944 - 1 day ago  » 
    Another in the catalogue of 5000T glitches. I have, as recommended, a 20 minute automatic startup for 0700 each day. Yesterday morning I came downstairs at 0705 to find the red light staring at me, so it had not auto-started. I pressed the standby button on the remote and up it came, so it was not frozen.
    I switched off again and did a power off/on reset and today it was fine.
    Oh, the wonders of this box!

I had several mysterious lock-up issues with our 5000T, even with and automatic start-up for 15 mins at 0600, leading to failed recordings which is particularly annoying when on holiday. My workaround is a programmable timer plug which is powered on for 23hrs and 55mins and is off between 0200 and 0205, only had one day of missed recordings in 8 months, I just have to remember not to schedule anything over the power-off period.

I don't normally like hard resetting devices regularly but it was the only solution I could think of to make the box more reliable. Just need Humax to fix the software/firmware.

| Mon 10 Feb 2020 1:18:18 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.