My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Another retune?

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

'Dave' is telling me to retune on Monday, and Al Jazeera is no longer available and saying retune to 235.

I've looked at http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings and AJ is still listed as 108, and Dave is still listed at 12.

There seems to be no info there or at Freeview about any changes (other than retunes in Bristol). I'm in London (on Crystal Palace transmitter I think).

Everything else seems OK, so I'm wondering how and when to change just these two channels manually, rather than mess with a whole retune, and where I can get info on changes if neither digitaluk nor freeview pages are telling me anything?

| Sat 8 Jun 2019 12:45:04 #1 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

You only need to retune if you want the programmes on the 'right' LCN. If you don't retune, they will just stay where they were.

| Sat 8 Jun 2019 13:33:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

Well looks like Al Jazeera's just disappeared, so def need to do something about that. Will check what Dave does on Monday.

| Sun 9 Jun 2019 0:09:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

I'm not on your transmitter.
    However, Al Jazeera disappeared over twelve months ago for me.
    Even though Freeview said it moved to an HD channel.
    After another retune to get it , the number channel it would have been on didn't exist on our transmitter. Dave moved to a different number but is not HD.
    Dave +1 moved at the same time, so Dave on your old retune will Probably cease.
    If you do a smart retune it should sort it all out for you.
    The only change to your schedule would be to only the channels that have altered.

| Sun 9 Jun 2019 9:32:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Al Jazeera HD was on one of the temporary Muxs ( 7 & 8 ) which were only available on a select few transmitters and became unavailable to many people using those transmitters when they were moved up to UHF channels 55 & 56.

Now Al Jazeera HD has been removed completely, but though the number would remain on people's boxes it does not mean you must retune, just that if you don't and you select 108 you will get no programmes.

| Sun 9 Jun 2019 10:24:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

A1944 - 42 minutes ago  » 
    Now Al Jazeera HD has been removed completely

Could you explain that please? According to Digital UK Aljazeera Eng HD is still being broadcast on LCN 108 on the COM 7 Mux and the main Crystal palace transmitter is broadcasting COM7. The SD version should be on LCN 235 on the ARQB Mux which is at a lower channel number and higher power so may be easier to receive.

| Sun 9 Jun 2019 11:13:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Yes, I know that the list has not been updated, but my understanding is that 108 is no longer operating as Al Jazeera and has a notice to say so. I cannot confirm that because I am unable to receive COM7.

| Sun 9 Jun 2019 11:27:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

A1944 - 5 hours ago  » 
    Yes, I know that the list has not been updated, but my understanding is that 108 is no longer operating as Al Jazeera and has a notice to say so. I cannot confirm that because I am unable to receive COM7.

When I last looked Al Jazeera HD on LCN 108 was showing a retune message only.

| Sun 9 Jun 2019 17:19:52 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I imagine that is to get people to the SD channel which I understand opened on 235 a few says ago.

| Sun 9 Jun 2019 18:24:48 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

Is there an up to date list, so I can just do a manual tune for AJ and Dave on the specific channels (I mean the broadcats channels, not the television channels - ie 21 upwards) and not mess with anything else?

| Sun 9 Jun 2019 23:04:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.