My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Any CH4 Curtailed Recording Issues Over Here?

(11 posts)
  1. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Just wanted to ask if anyone with a 4000T/5000T has had any issues over the last week, or so, with scheduled Channel 4 recordings only lasting 1 minute?

This issue has happened to several members on the Aura part of this forum, including myself, and I am trying to establish if it is just Aura related or a more general PVR problem which is then likely to be the broadcaster's fault.

Some of the recordings I have seen the issue with are:
    > F1 Singapore Qualifying and the Race (CH4HD and CH4+1)
    > Grand Designs (CH4HD)
    > Taskmaster (CH4HD)
    > The GBBO An Extra Slice (CH4HD)

Thanks for any feedback.

| Sat 8 Oct 2022 13:15:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Yes to F1 today.

| Sat 8 Oct 2022 14:08:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

davidrew - 2 hours ago  » 
    This issue has happened to several members on the Aura part of this forum, including myself, and I am trying to establish if it is just Aura related or a more general PVR problem which is then likely to be the broadcaster's fault.
    Some of the recordings I have seen the issue with are:
    > F1 Singapore Qualifying and the Race (CH4HD and CH4+1)
    > Grand Designs (CH4HD)
    > Taskmaster (CH4HD)
    > The GBBO An Extra Slice (CH4HD)

There is a thread over at hummy.tv about the HDR-FOX T2 with some people reporting problems with recording Channel 4 programmes and others reporting successful recording of the same programme. My guess is that it is a broadcaster issue but it might be a transmitter related issue.

| Sat 8 Oct 2022 15:30:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jerryhunt2

Yes, C4 programs not recording on my Aura, but showing as 1 minute long - Humax technical say they are aware and 'working on it'.

| Wed 12 Oct 2022 21:52:49 #4 |
  5. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Tried recording same Channel 4 HD programme on Aura and FVP4000T.

Stopped after one minute on Aura - OK on FVP 4000T.

| Mon 17 Oct 2022 21:28:15 #5 |
  6. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

I e-mailed Channel 4 about this and got this reply:-

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries.

We are sorry to read of the issues you are having. We would advise we are aware of the technical issues with the EPG and our engineering team are currently working on this. However, we would recommend in the meantime retuning your device.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate all feedback from our viewers; complimentary or otherwise.

Regards,

Anna Smith
    Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

| Tue 18 Oct 2022 19:42:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Can 4000t (and possibly 5000t) owners check this out please.
    I currently cannot set any recording/reminder from the epg for any channel. My hdd is nowhere near full and I have rebooted several times.
    This happened one day last week also (I set my schedules first thing in the morning) but by the evening I was able to set recordings without having done anything rebootwise.

| Sun 30 Oct 2022 9:38:08 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

5000T here, no problem setting up recordings.

Note all Channel 4 programmes for today according to EPG are set for one hour earlier than when they are actually due to be broadcast, same for E4 and More 4. Currently watching Sunday Brunch which started at its usual time of 9-30am, but was listed in the EPG to start at 8-30am, if setting recordings for Ch4 E4 or More 4 you will need to factor this in. For example Mexico GP Qualifying according to EPG will start at 11-30am, but it is actually set to be broadcast at 12-30pm so if you want to record it you will need to select The Great British Bake Off.
    Mondays schedule forward is unaffected.
    Not just a Humax 5000T issue as my Aura has the same incorrect Ch4, E4 and More 4 timings as has my TVs EPG.

All devices changed the clock back automatically so its not that, think Channel 4 have given whoever sets up the EPG the wrong information.

| Sun 30 Oct 2022 11:39:39 #8 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

The advice about retuning is very bad advice and should not be followed. At most power-cycling the device should be sufficient to clear any firmware problems at the device end such as creeping memory leakage which can lead to random, unexplained issues of all sorts.

| Sun 30 Oct 2022 11:45:04 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Unplugged and left it 30 minutes while I was sorting breakfast and now it's all back to normal again.

| Sun 30 Oct 2022 11:47:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.