My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

App & firmware today?

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Was it not posted weeks ago that the aura app would be available today? And a firmware update?

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 11:51:34 #1 |
  2. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

boogersa - 1 hour ago  » 
    Was it not posted weeks ago that the aura app would be available today? And a firmware update?

Strangely enough, yes, I do remember reading multiple times January the 6th mentioned which I found funny as it’s so close to Xmas/NY.

They are probably just saying what people want to hear. I’m not expecting an update in January for some reason.

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 13:49:15 #2 |
  3. The Moog

The Moog

Humax support are now saying that the firmware and app update is 'due this month'.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 13:44:40 #3 |
  4. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

The Moog - 4 mins ago  » 
    Humax support are now saying that the firmware and app update is 'due this month'.

Very tempted to send it back and continue with my poor review of it.
    Feel extremely let down by Humax now. No Netflix, and no audio control. Pfft.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 13:49:50 #4 |
  5. brian

brian

special member

Shaunhoare - 6 mins ago  » 

The Moog - 4 mins ago  » 

That seems to be a very childish attitude.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 13:57:09 #5 |
  6. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

brian - 49 mins ago  » 

The Moog - 4 mins ago  » 

Say what you will, but promising functions or having bugs or issues this large cannot be ignored. Pushing the updates back constantly without telling purchasers is just plain wrong too.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 14:47:16 #6 |
  7. The Moog

The Moog

I am prepared to live with some of these issues and see what future firmware updates bring. It is worth noting that many of the features that the Aura is advertised to have it still doesn't several months after launch, and there are lots of bugs that need fixing before it offers a solid user experience.

I have some faith that Humax will address these issues and continue to improve the feature set to the point where it is as advertised, but I can also understand why some people will feel that they have bought a device that does not match up to what they were promised.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 14:57:39 #7 |
  8. woodbar

woodbar

Shaunhoare - 4 days ago  » 

brian - 49 mins ago  » 

The Moog - 4 mins ago  » 

Say what you will, but promising functions or having bugs or issues this large cannot be ignored. Pushing the updates back constantly without telling purchasers is just plain wrong too.

I don't know about childish - I think it is absolutely spot on!

I find it unbelievable that companies like Humax can charge you full price for a beta release of something they know does not fulfill the promises they make on their marketing material and then sit back and keep fobbing everyone off with "update/app coming November - Jan 6th - This month" - sometime frigging never more like!

It is all so one sided - they never have to come back to you as a customer and say that some of your GBP you paid them are faulty - no "we've got the money mate, so tough luck" is more like it.

A bit pointed I know but that's the impression I get!

| Mon 11 Jan 2021 19:16:06 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.