My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Archiving Files

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

I have found that the USB drive doesn't mount if the box is in standby when I plug it in. I'm pretty sure it used to.

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 16:15:59 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

To do one episode you'd need to ftp to PC then copy to USB. Longwinded.

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 16:19:00 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

J_Oz - 1 minute ago  » 
    I have found that the USB drive doesn't mount if the box is in standby when I plug it in. I'm pretty sure it used to.

The box was booted when I plugged in the drive, it brought up the Video/Photos/Music prompt. I was able to locate the recordings. but no sign of it in storage. There are .mp4's on the same drive these playback fine from Video.

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 16:20:31 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

I'm just looking in the recordings menu where I find my other programs. They show up just like any other recording I've made.

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 16:24:05 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Reading this thread suggests the following - is it correct?

1. HD recordings are encrypted

2. The password for encryption and decryption is unique to each box so the recording is "tied to" the box doing the recording. Presumably the encrypt/decrypt process (software and/or hardware) is located on the mother board

3. The box will play back HD content located on any disk or USB as long as the content was recorded on that box because the box can decrypt the content

4. The box will not play back HD content recorded from another box because it cannot decrypt it.

Item 3 means that I can archive HD recordings off the box onto a backup disk. I can then bring back the archived HD recordings to the box and play them.

| Tue 27 Mar 2018 16:04:24 #25 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.