My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Audio mismatch - Remote control has no control

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Betelgeuse

I don't know if this is a problem with my 1800T or with DTT or with how I have things set up, so perhaps someone could advise....

The 1800T is output to the TV (Sony Bravia) via HDMI cable. The TV is set not to use the internal speakers and audio output is via a phono cable to my Orbitsound soundbar. On most channels I can control the volume via the 1800T remote control. However, when switching to certain channels, the volume shoots up to a painful level and the 1800T remote has no effect on volume level. (Although the sound can still be muted). I have to use the Orbitsound remote to reduce the volume level significantly. Then when changing channels back to a "normal" channel, the sound is almost inaudible until I use the Orbitsound remote to increase the volume again. For example, all the channels from 1 up to 44 work using the Humax remote, but channel 45 (Film4 + 1) has the "very loud" problem and so do a handful of others. I am on the Winter Hill transmitter, I think.

| Fri 1 Sep 2017 1:03:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

To adjust the volume on the channels that use AAC for audio (e.g. Film4+1, HD channels and some others) rather than MP2 change the HDR-2000T audio setting from multi-channel to stereo.
    MENU >> Settings >> Preferences >> Audio >> Digital Audio Output

See https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-2000t-volume-does-not-work-on-hd-channels#post-22396 for one explanation.

Or if you do need multi-channel then always keep the Humax volume at maximum and always adjust the volume using your Orbitsound remote.

| Fri 1 Sep 2017 1:45:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Betelgeuse

Thanks very much for that.

My apologies... I had not mentally made the connection between my problem with some SD channels and the post regarding volume control on HD channels. Glad to report that my problem is now fixed.

| Sun 3 Sep 2017 23:27:32 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.