My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura 4K Android

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Arthur.m

Hi, only had this item since Xmas, it feels like it has lots of problems, when watching a program, as the picture changes from one person to the next, quite often you can see the top half of one and the bottom half of the other, or you can see large squares as it the view changes.

| Sun 14 Jan 2024 12:00:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Yes. it has lots. of problems, well documented here since its launch in November 2020.
    Most were addressed by its last firmware update in August 2021, but any further development has been abandoned by Humax.

The problems you describe could simply be down to the signal strength being too high.
    Having a signal strength in the very high 90's to 100 can cause picture break up as you are describing.
    Check your signal strength. on various channels/ muxes.
    Press. the Freeview button on your remote.
    Select Settings (the cog/ gear wheel at the top of the screen.
    Select Channel & broadcast> Signal Test.
    If. you see the Signal Strength is very high up to 100 then you may need to buy a variable attenuator
    to attach to the aerial cable (not very expensive from Amazon) you use this to dial don the signal strength
    which should. lessen and perhaps stop the pixellation of your picture.
    Although Signal Strength should be below 100% Signal Quality should always strive to be 100%.

Also check that the Aura is. tuning in to the nearest or most likely Transmitter for your area

https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/detailed-transmitter-information

It is possible that your Aura is picking up signals from two or more transmitters through the Auto Search function.
    If so it is then best to do a manual tune to the transmitter that is in best line of sight for your aerial.
    If you need more information on that please ask.

And one last thing make sure the HDMI cable is kept as far away as possible from the aerial cables, make sure they don't touch each other.

| Sun 14 Jan 2024 13:48:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GMAD3

I had a lot of issues including TV recordings failing through lack of signal strength and live TV pictures fading in and out.

Changed coaxial cables and signal amp, but to no avail.

I remembered a Google account error, so not expecting anything, I successfully logged the Aura into my Google account

All issues have not reoccurred, and the box is working perfectly, surprisingly!

Worth confirming your Aura has the correct Google credentials before spending any of your cash.

| Sun 25 Feb 2024 23:30:35 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.