My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura app installed from Goole Play store

(61 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Shaunhoare - 2 mins ago  » 

larkim - 57 mins ago  » 
    Given it's an android box, I'm mildly surprised they are even doing an iPhone app (slightly tongue in cheek - I appreciate that there are too many iOS users out there to ignore!)

Woah. I always forget Android is a google thing. For me google is high quality but my android devices say otherwise. Well, fingers crossed then otherwise might have to get an old android phone out the cupboard as have a spare one I haven’t given away yet.

You might have a problem if phone is to old.....app needs android version 6.0 or later

| Tue 19 Jan 2021 17:01:13 #11 |
  2. The Moog

The Moog

App downloaded installed fine (after the initial difficulty finding it, might be good to label it 'Humax Aura'), and it linked to my Aura fine. 'On Now' works once it has loaded, and I can see all of my recorded content, but the TV Guide doesn't populate (this is several hours after installing the app).

Running on an Android 8 device.

| Tue 19 Jan 2021 17:43:36 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Can anyone confirm if it will be available for iOS?

| Tue 19 Jan 2021 17:56:22 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The Moog - 25 mins ago  » 
    App downloaded installed fine (after the initial difficulty finding it, might be good to label it 'Humax Aura'), and it linked to my Aura fine. 'On Now' works once it has loaded, and I can see all of my recorded content, but the TV Guide doesn't populate (this is several hours after installing the app).
    Running on an Android 8 device.

Mine populated in around 2 mins. Both my devices are running Android 10.

| Tue 19 Jan 2021 18:09:59 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

PanMan

When my phone is on the same wifi as the Aura all 5 options are there and appear quickly. The 'TV Guide' correctly shows the programs I have set to record.

The 'View Live' option on 'TV Guide', the 'play' button on both 'On Now' and 'Recordings' all work as expected.

When not on wifi 'On Now' and 'Recordings' are greyed out as is the option to 'Watch Live' in the 'TV Guide'.

Presumably this stops viewing of copyrighted material away from home. You can still set a program to record.

So far, so good.

Wish list: Filter the 'TV Guide' and 'On Now' for HD only, as on the unit itself.

Now for the firmware upgrade!

| Tue 19 Jan 2021 19:20:25 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PanMan - 41 mins ago  » 
    When my phone is on the same wifi as the Aura all 5 options are there and appear quickly. The 'TV Guide' correctly shows the programs I have set to record.
    The 'View Live' option on 'TV Guide', the 'play' button on both 'On Now' and 'Recordings' all work as expected.
    When not on wifi 'On Now' and 'Recordings' are greyed out as is the option to 'Watch Live' in the 'TV Guide'.
    Presumably this stops viewing of copyrighted material away from home. You can still set a program to record.
    So far, so good.
    Wish list: Filter the 'TV Guide' and 'On Now' for HD only, as on the unit itself.

You can download recordings to view away from home. Have been able to for a long time. The app makes it much simpler

| Tue 19 Jan 2021 20:03:55 #16 |
  7. The Moog

The Moog

Still no TV guide after a phone reset and an Aura reset. I get the week days ahead laid out along the top, and even the little yellow 'current time' band, but no channels listed and no programme information.

| Tue 19 Jan 2021 20:21:53 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The Moog - 5 mins ago  » 
    Still no TV guide after a phone reset and an Aura reset. I get the week days ahead laid out along the top, and even the little yellow 'current time' band, but no channels listed and no programme information.

In settings apps. Try deleting the Aura app cache. If that does not work delete the data.

| Tue 19 Jan 2021 20:28:52 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PanMan - 1 hour ago  » 
    So far, so good.

What version of android do you have on the device that works ?

| Tue 19 Jan 2021 21:12:30 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

Samsung S7, Android 8.
    Installed ok.... once I found it (had to use the https:\\ url above).
    Needed to look at "on now" before the TV guide would populate.
    Picked and set a program to record later, can see programs we have recorded.
    I'll test it tomorrow away from our house wifi.
    So far so good.

Now, about the firmware update ....

| Tue 19 Jan 2021 22:19:03 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.