My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura app installed from Goole Play store

(61 posts)
  1. woodbar

woodbar

That is pretty silly - all their other apps start with "Humax" but the very one we have all been waiting for they hid away by just calling it "Aura" - neat!

Anyway, downloaded and registered to PVR and it all worked first time - what is going on?

Have not tested thoroughly yet but scheduled a couple of recordings which did complete and the guide seems pretty quick BUT, as mentioned above, it definitely needs an HD only filter the same as on the PVR.

I can only agree - where is the firmware.......

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 0:52:57 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

Tested at work, I can set recordings remotly i.e. away from the house wifi.
    So far its working.
    A "HD" only filter would be handy.

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 8:16:07 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Just trying it from work over 4G (work wifi isn't worth trying due to firewalls etc).

Doesn't seem to want to connect to the box for viewing, telling me "turn on wifi on your mobile, make sure your mobile and Humax box are connected to the same network". I suppose not entirely surprising that it doesn't want me to stream remotely, but as I can achieve that via the webapp it's a little sad that I can't do it on the app too.

"Schedule" works, but "On Now" and "Recordings" are greyed out. Downloads is available of course.

Just set a few things to record, will see later if that's worked OK.

My only real use-case is to set recordings remotely, either within my home or outside of it, so so long as that bit works I'm happy enough.

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 10:25:26 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff Thompson

If you search "Aura Humax" in playstore it should appear, did for me.

Any other combination eg just Aura or Humax Aura did not find it.

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 11:08:04 #24 |
  5. The Moog

The Moog

grahamlthompson - 16 hours ago  » 

The Moog - 5 mins ago  » 
    Still no TV guide after a phone reset and an Aura reset. I get the week days ahead laid out along the top, and even the little yellow 'current time' band, but no channels listed and no programme information.

In settings apps. Try deleting the Aura app cache. If that does not work delete the data.

Nope, still no TV guide. Deleted the cache and got the same, deleted the data logged back in and re-linked the Aura, same. Everything else works fine, I can watch live TV and my recordings, but I get no TV guide.

I assume that the TV guide functionality of the app should work with or without a link to the Aura, as it looks to be available (not greyed out like live tv, recordings, and schedule) even before you have linked the Aura to your app?

In the process of doing all of this, I noticed that my Aura was informing me that it had lost its lan network connection. Going into iPlayer and streaming some UHD content proved reasonably conclusively that this was not true and several reboots didn't seem to change this warning. I then turned the wifi on and off, and the lan connection came back up instantly. I don't think this is part of the TV listings issue (as this didn't work either way), but strange to see that the Aura thought it had no network connection but was perfectly happy streaming with the wifi turned off.

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 13:12:34 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Asus1964

I've found that the app occasionally crashes when selecting a tv program from the guide. It seems to crash half way through the selection, does it on wifi or 4g.

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 14:26:22 #26 |
  7. andygoole

andygoole

Eureka!
    I logged into my online Humax page and deleted my Aura box, then re-added.
    Logged out of the app then back in.

This fixed my Schedule and TV Guide problems. Took a few minutes spinning on the blue circle but got there in the end.

All I want now is a dark theme

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 14:47:32 #27 |
  8. The Moog

The Moog

Thanks AndyGoogle, that worked like a charm!

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 16:19:21 #28 |
  9. The Moog

The Moog

Two immediate 'nice to haves' from the app, it would be nice if when selecting an SD programme to record from the schedule, you were offered the HD version of it is available. Also noticed when testing it out and selecting a load of random things to record, that you can't cancel a recording from the app once it is set.

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 21:02:27 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

andygoole - 8 hours ago  » 
    Eureka!
    I logged into my online Humax page and deleted my Aura box, then re-added.
    Logged out of the app then back in.
    This fixed my Schedule and TV Guide problems. Took a few minutes spinning on the blue circle but got there in the end.
    All I want now is a dark theme

Exactly the same for me.

On the myHumax box I had renamed the device from "FVP-4KGTR" to "Aura".

After I deleted and added again, the name went back to "FVP-4KGTR" and bingo, it suddenly started working with the Aura Android App.

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 23:22:44 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.