My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura app installed from Goole Play store

(61 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Tonski - 1 week ago  » 
    All seems to work except Downloads. Is anything else required apart from tapping the Download button?

Using the Android app The box has to on for this to work.

The download button worked for me using a HD recording. . It's a slow process. Eventually a message appears confirming a .ts file and a image .jpg is downloaded.

The tablet or phone will then playback the recording. However the files are hidden and I could not delete them.

Interested to see if anyone finds same.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 13:18:20 #41 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

grahamlthompson - 16 mins ago  » 

Tonski - 1 week ago  » 
    All seems to work except Downloads. Is anything else required apart from tapping the Download button?

Using the Android app The box has to on for this to work.
    The download button worked for me using a HD recording. . It's a slow process. Eventually a message appears confirming a .ts file and a image .jpg is downloaded.
    The tablet or phone will then playback the recording. However the files are hidden and I could not delete them.
    Interested to see if anyone finds same.

The app works if the box is in normal standby provided that there is a wifi connection. I have been keeping an eye on wifi registraions/deregistrations on my router and the box seems to stay connected during the day following a recording, but disconnects late at night. I presume that the app is meant to work in normal standby as it would be perverse if the box had to be fully on for the app to work. I have yet to try with the box connected by ethernet, which should be more reliable than the wifi connection.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 13:42:22 #42 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Downloading one now from the download icon, The circular icon turns into a progress icon. The programme is Wanted Down Under from BBC-HD this morning. Currently about 25% complete. Note you can play it back as it downloads like chasing playback of a recording on the box itself.

The box was though on as it's being used to watch Live TV any way. It's hard wired incidentally not WiFi connected.

It does not have to be on for content like the guide transmitted from myHumax.net.

Reserving judgement if you can see the box recordings in active sby. Can't put it in sby at the moment, better half is watching live TV on Kitchen TV.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 13:44:43 #43 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Programme now in download section and plays back OK.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 14:37:11 #44 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can watch live TV and access recordings with box in active sby. Of course only data from Humax.net is available with box in full low power sby.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 14:58:28 #45 |
  6. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

The app is actually pretty decent. Well done to Humax.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 15:16:47 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tonski

Any ideas how to delete downloads and just the converted recording not the recording itself?
    Thanks

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 15:19:30 #47 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I'll draft FAQ's later....but

To delete downloads in the app. swipe left on the programme you want to delete, this will reveal a delete option.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 15:23:19 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tonski

Thanks - worked perfectly.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 16:38:06 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyThornton

AndyThornton - 4 hours ago  » 
    Everything works with the App. I can convert the recording for download to mobile, but it asks for a 3 digit code so I can download. Where do I find the 3 digit code?
    Thanks

I downloaded a recording from CH4 and everything works BBC recording converts but to download it asks for a 3 digit code and a locked padlock appears at the side of the recording. How do I unlock?

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 17:16:54 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.