My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura - Auto replay option please - anyone agree?

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billybusker

Hi, I've come from an EE box which did not have the huge 2TB hard drive that I've had on my Aura since December.

The option I miss most is the "Replay". This was having every program recorded onto the hard drive something like 12 standard or 6 hd channels continuously. Any program can be the replayed for the next day (and a bit) from the guide. This gives the opportunity to skip through all the ads.

You can whiz through the ads on programmed recordings, so it is possible.

Whilst the Aura has a larger choice of replay possibilities, it's always with ads and they drive me crazy.

Would you like this option?

| Sun 7 Feb 2021 23:15:58 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Billybusker - 9 hours ago  » 
    Hi, I've come from an EE box which did not have the huge 2TB hard drive that I've had on my Aura since December.
    The option I miss most is the "Replay". This was having every program recorded onto the hard drive something like 12 standard or 6 hd channels continuously. Any program can be the replayed for the next day (and a bit) from the guide. This gives the opportunity to skip through all the ads.
    Whilst the Aura has a larger choice of replay possibilities, it's always with ads and they drive me crazy.

The ads are easy to skip. Setup the forward skip to +60 and minus(Instant replay) to 7 seconds to start with

When the ads start press the button to the right of OK to skip one minute, keep pressing till you see the programme sponsors ad. If you overshoot press the button to the left of OK to go back 7 seconds.

| Mon 8 Feb 2021 9:16:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flowerpower

Billybusker - 10 hours ago  » 

I think Billybusker means a lot of the Internet content forces you to watch the adverts. We started to watch Schitt's Creek on Channel 4 catchup in HD (with adverts) but went back to recording it on E4 in SD so we could skip the adverts.

| Mon 8 Feb 2021 9:40:44 #3 |
  4. davidrew

davidrew

special member

It does sound like a big functional modification to the platform but you could send your documented suggestions to uksupport@humaxonline.co.uk and see if they pass them on to the development team for further evaluation.

| Mon 8 Feb 2021 11:21:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I opt for the 240 second option myself which is just about bang on the length of an ad break from the main terrestrial channels. I get the Internet streaming though as it's a blooming nuisance hence I try to avoid this option. Funnily enough SkyQ get around this as they steam content as a download which means all I need to do then is - remote - voice search - skip forward 4 minutes - sorted.

| Mon 8 Feb 2021 11:42:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

I read elsewhere that the Freeview Play spec specifically prevents the "Replay" functionality that the EE box had. I'm a former EE TV user too and I can confim it is the biggest thing I miss from the EE box, it was such a great idea.

It's not just the ads though; not all of the main stream broadcasters have catch ups which are as swift or allow "go back to start", which was where Replay was a genuis feature. No matter which programme it was, if you arrived 20 minutes late you just selected the programme and it instantly began playing.

| Mon 8 Feb 2021 14:17:47 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billybusker

Thank you all for your comments

I'm going to try adjusting the skip times and hope that helps. (I gotta say, that skip function itself drives me crazy too but that's for another post!!!)

| Mon 8 Feb 2021 20:59:37 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billybusker

More Help please, I'm trying to run before I walk.

I can't find settings to adjust my skip times.

| Mon 8 Feb 2021 21:51:23 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Settings
    Record & Share

Instant Replay Time
    &
    Skip Forward Time

Highlight option and press OK, then select timings you want.

| Mon 8 Feb 2021 22:17:58 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billybusker

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 
    Settings
    Record & Share
    Instant Replay Time
    &
    Skip Forward Time
    Highlight option and press OK, then select timings you want.

I'm hoping this is the way to reply to Barry?

Thanks Barry, I've found where you mean in the Freeview settings.
    I've done it and it does help on recordings and if you start a program live and maybe pause for a while to build up a bit of time to skip the ad breaks.

| Tue 9 Feb 2021 0:50:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.