My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 17.03.21

(62 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

brian - 37 mins ago  » 
    All of the main catch-up apps are still working for me via apps button, android home screen, and backwards EPG.

Ditto

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 10:01:48 #11 |
  2. Manclad

Manclad

When and how is the software updated on the Aura? This thread refers to "beta" software releases, which i assume is not for general release, only testing.
    (My box, which I only got a week or so ago, shows last software update was January 29th 2921, firmware version 9.14)

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 10:48:56 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You have the latest public release software. Updates are delivered via your internet connection.

For info:

We originally had a very very small group (single figures) of dedicated Beta testers whose work was, and still is hidden. They get to preview a Beta, and if issues found fixes are applied before it is released to the wider group.

Humax asked if we could to extend the group, and carry out tests 'in the open' so that is where we are at today, and the reason for this and previous threads.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 11:06:21 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

All my catch up apps however accessed working for me also. I had 14 app updates today. Only catch up player updated was STV Player. Plex was updated so if any of you use plex check for the update.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 11:08:24 #14 |
  5. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Good to see the Beta testing program moving forward with some great enchantments and fixes. Thank you Humax.

Some notes:

I have had no momentary (1 to 3 second) pixilation/pause issues whatsoever in recordings/live tv/chase play since disconnecting hardwired LAN and changing to Wi-Fi. This was my main issue with the Aura as I never had it on the previous 5000T (same LAN cable and UHF connection). I can only draw a conclusion that the hardwired LAN handling is somehow briefly interfering with the UHF signal processing. I did catch one of these on a live programme and there was a very brief No Signal message and no picture/sound, on checking the rewind buffer it showed as the brief pixilation/pause.

OSD background opacity control option is still not fully working. If the control is set to 100% the setting is ignored in the Recordings Screen when in an episodes series folder, and when viewing a multiple episode programme in the Schedule. It looks as if it reverts to 90% which is the default.

The schedule screen still does not update the title of series programmes when they change their name. I still have The 'Christmas' Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan in the top schedule list which is actually The Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan underneath when you OK on it.

Very minor niggle grammatical error when playing/pausing recordings. Information top left should say either Recorded at 13:45 Tue 02 Feb OR Recorded on Tue 02 Feb 13:45. Grammatically 'on' should not be used as a preposition before a time.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 11:16:34 #15 |
  6. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Manclad - 42 mins ago  » 

(My box, which I only got a week or so ago, shows last software update was January 29th 2921, firmware version 9.14)

Still being updated after 900 years, great support by Humax!

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 11:33:10 #16 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

mhargreaves - 12 hours ago  » 
    Looks good. I like the 'zapping' order mod.
    I don't understand what the OK key behaviour affects.

Re the new option for OK key.

An example is the easiest way to explain.

OK set as default which is Play Content.

Go to FP screen, scroll down to Featured On Demand....picking the first option in my set up is Bloodlands.

Press OK and unit will switch to iplayer to play content.

If you change OK setting to Show info, then on pressing play you get info on the programme rather then iplayer opening.

This behaviour should be replicated all VoD playback i.e TopPicks, Backwards Guide, FP etc.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 12:41:28 #17 |
  8. Mars

Mars

special member

Checking DLNA, I noticed that the date of recordings is now shown correctly on my Samsung TVs, Sony BluRay, and Panasonic Freeview Recorder (used as a DLNA client), but not on my LG TV (this seems to be a limitation of the LG TV), and the Panasonic also shows the times and length of recordings. Therefore, there is less need for being able to show recordings in Title-Date or Date-Title format. I have gone back to just Title. Also, on the topic of DLNA, all the recordings since the 13/03 update are going into separate folders. When trying to play HD files on my Samsung TV, I often get the error message 'The selected file is not currently supported' and then if I try again it might work (probably a Samsung problem).

PS: I had the FVP300 error with catch-up apps earlier this morning, but since the MDS? client updated there has not been a problem.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 12:42:03 #18 |
  9. Mars

Mars

special member

While watching the cricket this afternoon (casting Sky Cricket from Now TV to the Aura), the Aura crashed. There was a recording in progress at the same time. The Aura also crashed while casting at the weekend.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 19:01:25 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mars - 6 mins ago  » 
    While watching the cricket this afternoon (casting Sky Cricket from Now TV to the Aura), the Aura crashed. There was a recording in progress at the same time. The Aura also crashed while casting at the weekend.

What device were you casting from ?

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 19:08:21 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.