My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 29.03.21 & 30.03.21

(42 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Release note:

• Improve series recording limit handling - If an episode is already booked by series schedule, Aura will notify to users in detail information and not make a new series schedule. Limit change to 15.
    • New feature : export & import settings (Favorites, channel skip / lock, Schedule bookings, Settings)
    By exporting : Aura will copy exported settings in to hard disk, can be imported later.
    • FTP : A new folder is added for backup settings data.
    • Software change notification added.
    • iPlate bug fix & changes : VoD icon added if on-demand is available, bug fix for current event & catchup loading issue in iPlate.
    • Deep standby issue fixed.
    •For some users 720p was set after deep standby. It would be appreciated if users can check with this version.
    • If unofficial version of Netflix is installed, it can turn on the box by a Toast message - a workaround applied for this problem.

and notes from programmer:

• There could be a pixeling or corrupted recording for a short time in a delayed recording case ( Copying timeshift buffer to a recording ) : User Andyd1302 comment.
    It is a known issue and should be a topic for next software update,
    • If TV is off or HDMI is disconnected, then Live TV will be closed. : Comment from user grahamlthompson, mars.

If anyone else would like to join the beta group then PM your unit serial number and I'll get it added to the group.

Public release of software planned for Week 16 which I think is Week commencing 19 April 2021.

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 19:46:09 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

For info system info screen:

Little do you know how many versions there has been in the last Hour. One of the very small group of original testers found an issue which has been corrected.

The new Export/Import option of schedules, settings, favs can be found in Freeview Play Preferences.

Attachments

1. 1.JPG (348.7 KB, 8 downloads) 3 years old
    | Mon 29 Mar 2021 19:59:31 #2 |
  3. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Updated. No issues. Thank you all for your hard work.

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 20:54:00 #3 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

Regarding DLNA, recent series recordings seem to be going into new folders rather than the folders with the previous recordings (this also happened with a previous update). Also, I have five folders with recent recordings that say they have 2 recordings (e.g. Frasier (2) and Between the Lines (2)) but all 5 have only 1 recording on the DLNA server. All the recordings are on the Aura box (e.g. both episodes of Between the Lines from Sunday).
    Also, with the new option to save settings, is it clear to say export or import as the settings are saved on the hdd? They are never exported from or imported to the box.

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 21:25:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Hi Barry,

How do I become a beta tester?

Apologies if it's not the appropriate section.

Thanks

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 21:29:16 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Mars - 1 hour ago  » 
    Also, with the new option to save settings, is it clear to say export or import as the settings are saved on the hdd? They are never exported from or imported to the box.

I think the description is fine. You can send your settings and schedule to a relative if you are so inclined

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 22:59:50 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

A5ian300zx - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi Barry,
    How do I become a beta tester?
    Apologies if it's not the appropriate section.
    Thanks

We have enough members who kindly volunteered testing for now.

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 23:25:02 #7 |
  8. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Barry - 11 hours ago  » 
    • iPlate bug fix & changes : VoD icon added if on-demand is available, bug fix for current event & catchup loading issue in iPlate.

can you explain what this means please? Thanks

| Tue 30 Mar 2021 7:36:17 #8 |
  9. Fixdit

Fixdit

As one of those who had problems with deep standby (720p), these are my findings.
    My HDMI resolution was set to auto before entering deep standby. Powered up this morning, normal start up (for deep standby) TV info showed a connection at 3940 x 2160 @ 50p, then picture and audio appeared, resolution remained at 3840x2160 50p so far so good. Will try with resolution set at 1080p before trying deep standby later.The audio/video options shows Video Resolution as 1 4k 50p despite being set to 1080p.

| Tue 30 Mar 2021 8:43:51 #9 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

• Improve series recording limit handling - If an episode is already booked by series schedule, Aura will notify to users in detail information and not make a new series schedule. Limit change to 15.

ITV3 are showing the Carry On films at Easter as a series with more than 15 films (and some repeated). If you press record for a film with no record icon (and not a repeat) then the record icon appears and it is added to the schedule so I have 17 films in the schedule. Information is shown in the detail information, but I still think it would be better to have no limit.

| Tue 30 Mar 2021 10:33:29 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.