My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura blank screen from deep sleep

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

My new Aura connects no issue from ordinary standby but if I put it into low power standby then although the screen shows whatever channel I have selected I get no picture whatsoever. The only way to recover is to switch the Aura off at the plug and then do a full reboot. Complete puzzle HDMI 2 is reserved for Humax box, TV LG C9.

| Sat 20 Feb 2021 15:27:08 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you turn on the TV and select the aura input it will say no signal. Then press the aura power button and wait. You should see a humax splash screen that goes away followed a bit later by the android loading animation. It should then continue to boot to live TV. My TV is also a LG-C9 though the box is connected via a Denon AVR.

The new manual refers to extended boot time from full low power sby.

Easy way to check box is in full sby is find something to monitor one of the rear usb ports for 5V output.

I use a spare HDMI switch that can be powered using a HDMI cable - No other connections other than power. Barry uses a USB HUB. I have a hub bit it's mains powered. I have some usb sticks connected to the hub with movies selecting the one you want allows VLC to playback the movies from the selected stick.

Anything that has a led like a xmas decoration etc powered from a HDMI plug will do the job.

| Sat 20 Feb 2021 15:39:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 25 mins ago  » 
    If you turn on the TV and select the aura input it will say no signal. Then press the aura power button and wait. You should see a humax splash screen that goes away followed a bit later by the android loading animation. It should then continue to boot to live TV. My TV is also a LG-C9 though the box is connected via a Denon AVR.
    Easy way to check box is in full sby is find something to monitor one of the rear usb ports for 5V output.
    I use a spare HDMI switch that can be powered using a HDMI cable - No other connections other than power. Barry uses a USB HUB. I have a hub bit it's mains powered. I have some usb sticks connected to the hub with movies selecting the one you want allows VLC to playback the movies from the selected stick.
    Anything that has a led like a xmas decoration etc powered from a HDMI plug will do the job.

So you are recommending select the HDMI input first then power on the Aura? I have been powering on the Aura then selecting the HDMI input after which results in no picture. I have CEC disabled in the Aura settings.
    The box is definitely going into full low power standby by using long press on the remote. I have seen the splash screen you refer to plus the longer boot time.

| Sat 20 Feb 2021 16:10:44 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 25 mins ago  » 

So you are recommending select the HDMI input first then power on the Aura? I have been powering on the Aura then selecting the HDMI input after which results in no picture. I have CEC disabled in the Aura settings.
    The box is definitely going into full low power standby by using long press on the remote. I have seen the splash screen you refer to plus the longer boot time.

Yes because you can tell as soon as you see the Humax splash screen it is going to boot in the end. I often go and make a cup of tea and leave the door open you can hear the live TV audio.

Just occasionally it has booted to the home screen with the live TV app selected. A press of OK if this happens completes the boot to live TV.

So far not found out why this sometimes happens.

| Sat 20 Feb 2021 17:18:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have had further issues with the Ethernet connection. After a week without issues I switched on this afternoon to see not connected to services warning. The only way to restore the connection was the nuclear full reset which works until you power down the Aura even on normal standby. I have given up and moved to WiFi. However even that is causing issues. When powered up from normal power I am still getting the Freeview play message not connected to Internet. Select YouTube app and it’s clear I am connected as YouTube works okay. Switch WiFi off and back on again and Internet is restored. The issue appears to be Freeview Play which is causing these problems. I’m at a total loss to understand what the issue is.

| Sat 20 Feb 2021 19:43:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I'm beginging to suspect that for whatever reason the Aura does not like my BT Smarthub aka HH6. I've never had an issue with any other device using this router before but it seems to struggle to hold onto its Ethernet connection. I have read reports of other users with different devices reporting similar issues.

| Sun 21 Feb 2021 13:04:44 #6 |
  7. Mars

Mars

special member

When I had a BT HH6, it had problems with my HP Laserjet. Wireless printing is not very convenient when you have to reboot the router every time that you want to print something.

| Sun 21 Feb 2021 13:40:03 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 53 mins ago  » 
    I'm beginging to suspect that for whatever reason the Aura does not like my BT Smarthub aka HH6. I've never had an issue with any other device using this router before but it seems to struggle to hold onto its Ethernet connection. I have read reports of other users with different devices reporting similar issues.

Have you tried reserving an IP address to the aura's Mac address rather than using DHCP ?

| Sun 21 Feb 2021 14:00:19 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Faust - 53 mins ago  » 

Have you tried reserving an IP address to the aura's Mac address rather than using DHCP ?

Yes, it made the problem even worse so had to do yet another full reset to release it. I’m thinking of getting an Archer router. Touchwood it’s been okay since the reset last night and kept the connection overnight.

| Sun 21 Feb 2021 15:21:47 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Same problem again overnight, normal standby (not deep sleep) Ethernet connection failed again. I’ve now moved the Aura to WiFi and will monitor how it goes on. It really is a mystery especially with Ethernet as it defies logic.

| Mon 22 Feb 2021 12:04:06 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.