My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Challenges - PROBLEMS

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

abrdf

Hi

I have had my Aura for a couple of weeks and use my iPhone to programme also.

I have the following issues
    1. The Aura keeps going into deep sleep of its own volition, no long press when turning off and the setting for deep sleep is not activate on the box, it then of course doesn’t always record correctly. When I press the on button to wake the machine up it starts its google/android 3 coloured circles as if its starting from scratch again.
    2. Multiple recordings when using the app, same program twice often says on the app multiple schedules of the same program
    3. When scheduling via the app it does not offer a recording in HD if one is available i.e. scheduling on BBC1 it does not offer to record on BBC1 HD like my previous Humax box did
    4. App and server seem to disconnect regularly, and scheduling is not available, serve set to talk every 10 minutes
    5. If you accidentally press the Google talk button the machine freezes and you need to reboot the machine

Overall, the box is good with good picture quality but the software is "glitchy" on the box and in the app.

| Sat 16 Apr 2022 12:02:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Agreed. The Aura has degenerated into a buggy piece of hardware.
    I've just discovered whereas my old BT TV box is discoverable by my new Bravia quickset function, the Aura isn't, although it's Android like the Bravia. Earlier Humax's are also selectable manually.
    One hopes that Humax are working on the next Android update and all these bugs will be gone and Quickset is incorporated.

| Sun 17 Apr 2022 0:36:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

desm52

I am able to use my 2021 LG TV remote to control my aura. It wasn't able to auto detect it, but when I set it as a Humax STB it worked.

| Sun 17 Apr 2022 10:29:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

abrdf

2 weeks ago, I spoke with technical support after my Aura Box continued to go to Deep Sleep on its own volition (the deep sleep option is turned off in the settings, this seemed to happen when I had not used the box in 24hrs i.e., not turned it on. The issue with this is the box did not wake up to record and when setting recording via the app these would not be set and not recording taken.

The answer from technical support was to replace the box and they replaced the box under warranty - the box is less than 2 months old, and this problem has been apparent from day one.

New box arrived and set up, nothing unusual until this weekend when I have been away and not turned the box on, again the box went into deep sleep and when I tried to set recording remotely, they did not schedule or record..... so this is the same thing as before.

Any help??

| Sun 22 May 2022 17:11:22 #4 |
  5. Mars

Mars

special member

Put it into deep standby overnight.

| Sun 22 May 2022 17:17:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

abrdf

And what will that do..... it doesnt wake up to record or set progs via the app.

| Sun 22 May 2022 17:21:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

abrdf

PS deep sleep and Deep Standby are the same term

| Sun 22 May 2022 17:23:54 #7 |
  8. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

In order for the app to set up a remote schedule, the Aura has to be brought out of deep standby at least once a day. This can be done by pressing Home on the Aura remote, then Settings > Freeview Play Preference > Deep Standby (Set by Start & End Time). Then set a Deep Standby Schedule. Mine is set to 10.30pm - 05.30am.

As long as a programme schedule has been set up, the Aura will always come out of Deep Standby to record it.

| Mon 23 May 2022 11:25:29 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

abrdf

Thank you for your reply, however I think you may have missed my points.

Firstly, my original box and my replacement box go into "deep sleep / standby" of their own volition, I have the DONT enter deep sleep selected in the setup menus. Just to reiterate I DONT want the box to enter Deep Sleep/Standby not even between 2am and 5am. (I do know how to do this if I wished!)

Secondly the idea of having a remote recording function is you can remotely record from anywhere in the world, so you would not able just to pop home and “press home" button on the Aura. I appreciate that it does turn on to record if it already knows about the scheduled recording is present, but if the box is in deep standby when you schedule remotely (and you wouldn’t know if the box is in deep sleep) the server does not wake up the box to schedule and record. However, if you are fortunately enough to have a recording sequenced prior to the box going into deep sleep then when the box wakes up it will then schedule the remote recording.

Finally, a work around may be to set a daily programme to record at 6am i.e., breakfast news, so it will always wake up if the box decided to put itself into deep sleep without being programmed to do so.

Thank you

| Mon 23 May 2022 11:44:51 #9 |
  10. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

abrdf - 8 mins ago  » 
    Thank you for your reply, however I think you may have missed my points.
    Firstly, my original box and my replacement box go into "deep sleep / standby" of their own volition, I have the DONT enter deep sleep selected in the setup menus. Just to reiterate I DONT want the box to enter Deep Sleep/Standby not even between 2am and 5am. (I do know how to do this if I wished!)
    Secondly the idea of having a remote recording function is you can remotely record from anywhere in the world, so you would not able just to pop home and “press home" button on the Aura. I appreciate that it does turn on to record if it already knows about the scheduled recording is present, but if the box is in deep standby when you schedule remotely (and you wouldn’t know if the box is in deep sleep) the server does not wake up the box to schedule and record. However, if you are fortunately enough to have a recording sequenced prior to the box going into deep sleep then when the box wakes up it will then schedule the remote recording.
    Finally, a work around may be to set a daily programme to record at 6am i.e., breakfast news, so it will always wake up if the box decided to put itself into deep sleep without being programmed to do so.
    Thank you

Maybe I'm fortunate, but my box does not exhibit the problem you have, so your work-around may be the only thing you can try. I assume that the standard cure-all of resetting the box hasn't worked for you either?

| Mon 23 May 2022 11:57:01 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.