My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Challenges - PROBLEMS

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

abrdf

No I have reset the box and now on my 2nd replacement box from Humax, who seem to have no idea.

The hardware and software are Joke!

| Mon 23 May 2022 12:03:08 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

abrdf

Hi

Final message from me.

I have today returned the Aura to John Lewis, after the second box had the same issues as the first.

I have not been happy with the customer service with HUMAX!

Hope I dont have to fight to get my money back from John Lewis its 2 months since I purchased the box.

Good luck with your boxes

| Thu 26 May 2022 15:24:36 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

If they question it hopefully you can just say this unit's software isn't of merchantable quality, and because the company seem to be at a dead end with releasing fixes, then you feel you have no choice now but to return it, as you have now given 2 units a try both with the same issue and still without a fix (after nearly a year of all these issues being known about).

| Thu 26 May 2022 20:33:42 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

deeayy

I thought it was just me having lots of problems with my Aura. I’ve had mine for 7 months now and I too am experiencing multiple annoying problems with it. This is actually my second box as I had to return the first after a week due to a fault with the tuners causing Freeview picture breakup.

I sent a list of bugs/problems to HUMAX and got the standard factory reset reply.

I feel like I’m playing Aura bug bingo these days. See how many of mine you can tick off…

Box crashing

• Aura regularly crashes and self-reboots (at least once a month) especially when watching streaming services or while in chase-play and is not triggered by user intervention (e.g. pressing a button).

Randomly switching on during the night

• Aura randomly switches on overnight when it should be in deep sleep which then switches on the TV and sound bar.
    • It will happen two or three times in a week and then go for a couple of weeks not switching on.
    • Nothing connected is set to wake Aura and this didn’t happen with our previous STB (YouView).

Auto switching resolution

• Aura really struggles when auto switching resolutions, with the picture flashing on and off several times, sometimes cycling back and forth through several resolutions before settling on one, especially with streaming apps.
    This often freaks out my HDMI sound bar causing a loss of picture signal.

Chase-play

• During playback in chase play (after pausing live playback) there are issues skipping forward where the play bar marker jumps forward but the picture jumps back to an earlier time in the programme.

Recording playback

• Sometimes the picture freezes or goes black and we have to exit playback and then resume to clear it

Interface

• Bold white text when highlighted with a red background is often difficult to read, especially in the guide

I can’t believe it’s coming up to a year since the last software update. It wouldn’t surprise me if there were so many issues that they end up abandoning this version of the Aura. I really expected better from HUMAX.

| Sun 29 May 2022 10:48:37 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Well I sent them another rant the other day questioning why there's been no update for so long and got the following response.

Hi James

There is no updates on new the firmware as of yet, this does take time, also more may need to be added to resolve some other slight issues, go to other reviews on our website etc and other sources, there is great ratings, that model is not that old, some issues are expected, that is why we have a great software team to resolve the problems with the Aura.

Best Regards,

Colin
    Humax Customer Support

I'd say that's a load of s@*t lol

| Sun 29 May 2022 11:26:26 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldertc

This is a common issue for me as well. I got my Aura box last year which also exhibits the same deep sleep issues as mentioned above. I also do not want the box to go into this mode and have not set it to do so. Clearly a software bug that Humax needs to address. Very disappointing that Humax are so slow to release software updates to fix bugs or add new functionality.

| Tue 28 Feb 2023 18:12:30 #16 |
  7. Manclad

Manclad

james_uk - 9 mnths ago  » 
    Well I sent them another rant the other day questioning why there's been no update for so long and got the following response.

Hi James
    There is no updates on new the firmware as of yet, this does take time, also more may need to be added to resolve some other slight issues, go to other reviews on our website etc and other sources, there is great ratings, that model is not that old, some issues are expected, that is why we have a great software team cto resolve the problems with the Aura.
    Best Regards,
    Colin
    Humax Customer Support

I'd say that's a load of s@*t lol

What a joke of a reply from Humax. Having now had two similarly rubbish Aura boxes, I submitted my feedback on the Humax website... it was never published. I can only assume because of its negative content! "Great software team" my ass.

| Tue 28 Feb 2023 21:12:23 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

What a load of lies and crap they feed us.

| Wed 1 Mar 2023 9:51:21 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.