My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura FVP-4KGTR - Screen Blanks

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MarkP58

Occasionally when watching playback or live TV the screen goes blank (black) but sound continues. This screen outage lasts about 10 seconds then returns to normal. It’s not on the recording because a quick rewind shows the recording to be good. This is weird and happens once or twice a night and doesn’t happen to the TV tuner. Signal strength annd quality good. Annoying for a box under 12 months old. I am loathed to return but will if I can clear it. May try a factory reset.

| Wed 28 Dec 2022 23:40:43 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Get your money back
    Look at the posts on here nothing but problems

| Thu 29 Dec 2022 8:47:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ZiggyUK

kr002 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Get your money back

I don't agree at all, sure the box has a couple of glitches, but it still remains a fantastic unit for our needs, after over a years use, I am as happy now as I every was.
    "Nothing but problems" in IMHO is not a true reflection of the posts here.

| Thu 29 Dec 2022 10:37:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

ZiggyUK - 1 hour ago  » 

kr002 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Get your money back

I don't agree at all, sure the box has a couple of glitches, but it still remains a fantastic unit for our needs, after over a years use, I am as happy now as I every was.
    "Nothing but problems" in IMHO is not a true reflection of the posts here.

You need to read more posts

| Thu 29 Dec 2022 11:56:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MarkP58

I agree it’s a good box and no worse than previous Humax (youview), I was hoping that someone else may have experienced similar issues and had a resolution:-).

To be fair H tech support have suggested factory reset and if not a replacement. Bought from JL so should have a 2 year warranty. Perhaps there’s a new software update due soon but I’m not holding my breath.

| Thu 29 Dec 2022 12:06:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

First, double check, then triple check your cables. Try to get as much separation between hdmi and antenna coax as possible (the normal vipers pit of cables is a known cause of issues).
    Next, go into the Humax settings (resolution) and see what happens if you knock the resolution down (say from 4k down to 1080 or from 1080 down to 720). Is your TV 4k or did you just go through the automatic setup and let the Aura select the resolution?

| Thu 29 Dec 2022 12:38:07 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.