My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura not CEC capable? Remote issues please help!!

(10 posts)
  1. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

Hello all.

Was surprised to get my Aura early! Set it up and was excited. Then noticed the remote only turned the volume up and down on the Aura and not my TV or soundbar. Then noticed my TV doesn’t turn off with the box, unlike every other device I have connected.

So, there seems to be a CEC problem? Also, I tried to setup the universal remote part- the manual says hold small power button and ok for 3secs, enter code, it will power off you tv then blink so you can press ok again to store it. I enter my code which turns the TV off, but the light doesn’t blink so I can’t press ok, instead it stays red.

If this doesn’t have CEC I wouldn’t mind because of the Universal Remote part but that doesn’t work for me. The inbuilt volume is so annoying too.

Please could anyone help me? It’s making me pull my hair out!

My current setup:
    Hisense(U7A)>2.0 HDMI>Soundbar>HDMI1Aura, HDMI2Xbox
    My Xbox can do everything okay through CEC ie turn off and on tv, but the Aura cannot..

| Tue 29 Dec 2020 19:11:22 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

Which Application version is your box running?

FreeviewPlay > Settings > Freeview Play Preference > System Information

| Tue 29 Dec 2020 19:41:46 #2 |
  3. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

brian - 15 mins ago  » 
    Which Application version is your box running?
    FreeviewPlay > Settings > Freeview Play Preference > System Information

Hi, thanks so much for replying!
    Application version: 1.00_25_201029_0a7a47a
    Firmware 00.09.09
    Update Date Oct 20th

I see there is a HDMI CEC switch with on key power off - I enabled that and it still only turns the box off..

| Tue 29 Dec 2020 20:00:31 #3 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

You are on the latest version, but the Update Date should be Oct 29?

I tried to setup the universal remote part- the manual says hold small power button and ok for 3secs, enter code, it will power off you tv then blink so you can press ok again to store it. I enter my code which turns the TV off, but the light doesn’t blink so I can’t press ok, instead it stays red.

When setting the universal remote part, after entering the code which turns your TV off, press and hold the OK button for 3 seconds to lock the code. The red LED should blink three times if the universal remote control setting is successful.

| Tue 29 Dec 2020 20:13:27 #4 |
  5. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

So, looking at the Manual I held this button and ok until the light stayed green, done both the channel up/down method and also the code way and the light stays red and doesn’t change when I press OK..

https://ibb.co/WyF7sXn

Thanks again

| Tue 29 Dec 2020 20:15:26 #5 |
  6. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

brian - 6 mins ago  » 
    You are on the latest version, but the Update Date should be Oct 29?

I tried to setup the universal remote part- the manual says hold small power button and ok for 3secs, enter code, it will power off you tv then blink so you can press ok again to store it. I enter my code which turns the TV off, but the light doesn’t blink so I can’t press ok, instead it stays red.

When setting the universal remote part, after entering the code which turns your TV off, press and hold the OK button for 3 seconds to lock the code. The red LED should blink three times if the universal remote control setting is successful.

Oh my days!! Yes! For someone reason I was just pressing ok, but didn’t realise I had to hold it so now it works! Wahoo!

So my one and only complaint with this then, is I can’t control my TV/Soundbar volume, only the Aura volume of that makes sense? Has there been a solution for this too? Thanks again

| Tue 29 Dec 2020 20:21:51 #6 |
  7. brian

brian

special member

Shaunhoare - 8 mins ago  » 
    So, looking at the Manual I held this button and ok until the light stayed green, done both the channel up/down method and also the code way and the light stays red and doesn’t change when I press OK..
    Thanks again

After pressing the TV Standby and OK buttons at the same time for 3 seconds, the LED should be Red, and not Green. Perhaps you could try again?

| Tue 29 Dec 2020 20:26:52 #7 |
  8. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

brian - 42 secs ago  » 

Thanks again

After pressing the TV Standby and OK buttons at the same time for 3 seconds, the LED should be Red, and not Green. Perhaps you could try again?

Thank you Brian.
    All is good now for the power button!

This box is now almost perfect, just one problem left for me.. I can’t control my TV/Soundbar volume because it just does a volume up/down for the box alone unlike other remotes sadly.. any solution for that?

| Tue 29 Dec 2020 20:28:56 #8 |
  9. brian

brian

special member

Shaunhoare - 1 min ago  » 

brian - 42 secs ago  » 

Thanks again

Thank you Brian.
    This box is now almost perfect, just one problem left for me.. I can’t control my TV/Soundbar volume because it just does a volume up/down for the box alone unlike other remotes sadly.. any solution for that?

I think that it may require a software update to enable this feature, even though it is mentioned in the user guide. There have been a few posts from other forum members, who have the same issue as you do.

| Tue 29 Dec 2020 20:35:04 #9 |
  10. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

brian - 13 hours ago  » 

Shaunhoare - 1 min ago  » 

brian - 42 secs ago  » 

Thanks again

Thank you Brian.

I think that it may require a software update to enable this feature, even though it is mentioned in the user guide. There have been a few posts from other forum members, who have the same issue as you do.

If it’s an issue for multiple people, maybe they can fix it? Is there anyway to ask for them to fix it so you know?

| Wed 30 Dec 2020 10:13:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.