My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura offer

(23 posts)
  1. Paul_D

Paul_D

I have a 1Tb 4000T and mainly use it to watch Netflix and a small amount of recorded TV.
    My only issue with the 4000T is that it is very slow with button presses.

Do you think I would benefit from getting an Aura ?

| Wed 27 Oct 2021 15:39:45 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I had the email last night. I thought it was triggered because I looked at it earlier in the day, but it seems not.

I have been watching this Forum so carefully and have been dithering whether to take the plunge or not, but thought at £199 it was a no brainer to replace my FVP4000T..... it's due tomorrow hopefully.

It will be interesting to see if I get any of the signal issue problems that some people seem to have. Currently for all it's dreadfully slow interface, my 4000 has ben flawless with regard to recordings and has never missed a recording..... time will tell.

Think I will run them side by side to start with to see how they compare.

| Wed 27 Oct 2021 16:14:23 #12 |
  3. jpv1960

jpv1960

I received the same offer email from Humax, I also decided to take the plunge and ordered one this morning. Hopefully, it will load and display the channel information (TV Guide) better than the old FVP5000T.

| Thu 28 Oct 2021 11:11:58 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tigerfan11

Well compared to my Humax T2 it’s much faster

| Thu 28 Oct 2021 11:43:24 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Agreed, it's blazingly fast compared to my 4000.

So many settings to look at, just trying to get the TV, Humax and Home Cinema to turn on/off with one click now....

| Thu 28 Oct 2021 14:32:12 #15 |
  6. Mkstevo

Mkstevo

I've ordered one too after having the offer email. I'm currently using a Manhattan T2R (I think that is the correct model number!) and it has an annoying software quirk that causes it to cancel (often totally) programmes that may not have clashed when first scheduled as a series link, but later do overlap due to shifting timing (Grand Prix highlights for example). The Manhattan makes no attempt to re-shedule nor to provide any clash warning to allow me to re-schedule. It also has an odd habit of not recording on Thursdays. Other days of the week seem fine, but on Thursdays there is a 25% chance that a recording may not happen!

I have been thinking of an Aura for some time so the offer did prompt me to take the plunge. I've had a few Humax recorders and mostly liked them, the 8000T, 9000T and 9200T were great. A friend had a later one (I can't recall which) and had a huge load of problems with it and this put me off when the 9200T finally needed to be replaced so I had a DigitalStream which was great, that being replaced by the Manhattan.

The Manhattan has been superb up until the last few months, I'm hoping the extra recording capabilities of the Aura (four channels as opposed to just two) will cure most of the scheduling problems that are plaguing the Manhattan.

| Mon 1 Nov 2021 21:25:14 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Well I have just ordered my 2nd Aura that must tell you something!

| Tue 2 Nov 2021 9:18:53 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Drewby

I’ve joined club Aura, my 4000 is showing it’s age.

| Wed 3 Nov 2021 20:17:03 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Drewby - 16 hours ago  » 
    I’ve joined club Aura, my 4000 is showing it’s age.

My 4000 was showing its age the day I took it out of the box , so far I think the Aura is amazing, I love it!

| Thu 4 Nov 2021 13:11:43 #19 |
  10. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Thanks to @Tigerfan11

Without your initial post I wouldn't have known about this code and would have paid £50 more for my Aura, ordered after my old Foxsat HDR expired last Saturday.

| Mon 8 Nov 2021 13:30:36 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.