My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura starting on Home screen coming out of standby

(19 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Every couple of months or so my Aura insists on starting up on the Home screen instead of Live TV. The consequence of this is that all subsequent scheduled recordings fail until after I switch the Aura back onto Live TV. Once it's started doing this, it happens at every startup until I do a Factory Reset after which it's OK for another couple of months. I have no idea what starts this behaviour. The Aura is always on Live TV when I put it into Deep Standby and, when it's working properly, this is what it starts up on after waking up.

Considering that I'm going to be in Australia for a month over Christmas, this has all the potential to fail to record everything I will set up over the holiday period.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any known way to force the Aura to always start on the Home screen? Personally, I never want it to start on the Home screen.

| Sat 8 Oct 2022 15:51:04 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Mine does this only when I turn it off in this screen or with catch up it then opens in the home screen when turned back on.

| Sun 9 Oct 2022 9:09:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Mine always remembers which state it was in when it was turned off. So if turned off on live TV it will come on with Live TV, but if left in any of the apps it will go to the Home Screen.

Even if it starts up in the Home Screen, this has never caused any recordings to fail.

| Sun 9 Oct 2022 9:53:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

morrig

I found after setting it to go to deep standby, it goes in to home screen, before it went to last channel, as it does in normal standby restart.

| Sun 9 Oct 2022 19:41:36 #4 |
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

morrig - 1 day ago  » 
    I found after setting it to go to deep standby, it goes in to home screen, before it went to last channel, as it does in normal standby restart.

You're probably right, my Aura is set to automatically go into deep standby every night at 22:30. Although why this should cause the Aura to then start up in the Home screen when it comes out of deep standby at 05:30, I don't know. Trouble is, it doesn't do this all the time. Currently following a Factory Reset, it's been fine for several days, always starting on the last used channel.

| Tue 11 Oct 2022 11:15:58 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 7 hours ago  » 
    You're probably right, my Aura is set to automatically go into deep standby every night at 22:30.

Perhaps whilst you are away you could set the Aura to go into normal sleep rather than deep sleep which may be less troublesome at the expense of using a bit more power.

| Tue 11 Oct 2022 18:18:27 #6 |
  7. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 day ago  » 

Geoff_W - 7 hours ago  » 
    You're probably right, my Aura is set to automatically go into deep standby every night at 22:30.

Perhaps whilst you are away you could set the Aura to go into normal sleep rather than deep sleep which may be less troublesome at the expense of using a bit more power.

Good point - I'll probably try that option even before I go away. Thanks.

| Thu 13 Oct 2022 10:33:07 #7 |
  8. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

The Factory Reset workaround lasted 2 weeks. Began starting up on the Home Screen yesterday and this morning failed to record two Breakfast programmes because it was in the Home Screen. So I've done another Factory Reset and this time I'm not setting a Deep Standby schedule, merely pressing the Off button for Normal Standby. Also, I'm keeping my Powerlines switched on so the Aura is permanently connected to the internet. Let's see what that does...

I'm starting to get rather annoyed by this device and I'm getting a lot of earache from my wife as well! But the alternative machines available don't really cut it for my requirements.

| Mon 24 Oct 2022 10:46:15 #8 |
  9. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I have today been in an email conversation with Colin at Humax. After supplying details of the tuner strength and quality readings, he suggested that the signal strength was too high. He says the readings should be in the range 70 - 90% whereas mine are 93 - 100% depending on which mux the tuner is on.

For the life of me, I cannot see how signal strength can possibly cause the Aura to come out of standby and go straight to the home page. What am I not understanding here?

| Mon 24 Oct 2022 16:03:40 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Geoff_W - 59 mins ago  » 
    I have today been in an email conversation with Colin at Humax. After supplying details of the tuner strength and quality readings, he suggested that the signal strength was too high. He says the readings should be in the range 70 - 90% whereas mine are 93 - 100% depending on which mux the tuner is on.
    For the life of me, I cannot see how signal strength can possibly cause the Aura to come out of standby and go straight to the home page. What am I not understanding here?

I don’t think you are not understanding anything. If Humax can’t resolve with a factory reset, the only thing left for them to fallback on is tuner strength. Regardless of the issue. They really have gone down hill in the last 18 months or so. Just for a laugh, why don’t you ask where the imminent firmware update is?

| Mon 24 Oct 2022 17:05:31 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.