My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura starting on Home screen coming out of standby

(19 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

boogersa - 21 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 59 mins ago  » 
    I have today been in an email conversation with Colin at Humax. After supplying details of the tuner strength and quality readings, he suggested that the signal strength was too high. He says the readings should be in the range 70 - 90% whereas mine are 93 - 100% depending on which mux the tuner is on.
    For the life of me, I cannot see how signal strength can possibly cause the Aura to come out of standby and go straight to the home page. What am I not understanding here?

...Just for a laugh, why don’t you ask where the imminent firmware update is?

Funny you should say that. This morning, Colin said there was a firmware update pending and that if that didn't fix the issue they would exchange my Aura. I wait with bated breath...

| Tue 25 Oct 2022 16:10:31 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Geoff_W - 6 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 59 mins ago  » 
    I have today been in an email conversation with Colin at Humax. After supplying details of the tuner strength and quality readings, he suggested that the signal strength was too high. He says the readings should be in the range 70 - 90% whereas mine are 93 - 100% depending on which mux the tuner is on.
    For the life of me, I cannot see how signal strength can possibly cause the Aura to come out of standby and go straight to the home page. What am I not understanding here?

Funny you should say that. This morning, Colin said there was a firmware update pending and that if that didn't fix the issue they would exchange my Aura. I wait with bated breath...

I don’t want to sound a cynic but please don’t wait with bated breath or any other kind of breath! There won’t be a firmware release! If there is, why is it pending (for what seems like an age)? They used to knock them out the park on a regular basis.
    ***news just in - Firmware released on the 5th***

| Tue 25 Oct 2022 22:35:58 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

boogersa - 8 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 6 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 59 mins ago  » 

I don’t want to sound a cynic but please don’t wait with bated breath or any other kind of breath! There won’t be a firmware release! If there is, why is it pending (for what seems like an age)? They used to knock them out the park on a regular basis.
    ***news just in - Firmware released on the 5th***

The 5th of never of course as Humax have well and truly given up on the aura and its owners

| Wed 26 Oct 2022 7:31:54 #13 |
  4. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

This morning I got up to discover the Aura displaying a bright red light. Sure enough, on pressing the on button it came up on the Home screen again. The 2 Breakfast programmes weren't recording. As soon as I switched to Live TV both recordings started up. So the Factory Reset lasted about 3 weeks. As stated previously I am not putting the Aura into Deep Standby at any point in the day/night.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is that there is some strange interaction with my Aura/AV amp/TV setup.

The Aura is connected by HDMI to a Marantz NR-1711 AV amp and then the amp is conneced via HDMI ARC to my Sony KDL-43EX8005 TV. Last night I was playing a movie on a Sony UBP-X800 UHD Bluray player which is also connected to the AV amp. So the amp has switched away from the Aura input to select the Bluray. When I have finished with the Bluray I have to manually switch the amp back to the Aura input or else it remains connected to the Bluray input (I don't use CRC on the Aura). Most times when I switch off the Bluray the TV reverts to its own internal TV tuner and I then have to change the TV input back to the Marantz.

I apologise if this is all getting a bit long winded, but I'm trying to cover all the potential possibilities.

| Mon 14 Nov 2022 18:24:26 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobM69

To Geoff. Your explanation is long winded and unnecessary. My symptoms are the same, and I only have a TV connected via HDMI. Basically, I have set the aura to "never" go into deep standby - and yet I sometimes (quite frequently) come to it in the morning and it is in deep standby so I have to wait for the circles to complete.

BTW why is the LED brighter in deep standby than normal - seems perverse to me.

| Thu 26 Jan 2023 12:57:53 #15 |
  6. Fixdit

Fixdit

My Aura has no light showing in Deep Standby.
    The only time I get a red Light is when a blue tooth device is trying to connect, ie when my laptop boots up or when my neighbours daughter visits, her mobile phone triggers it. This puts the box into normal standby, ie red light.

| Thu 26 Jan 2023 14:53:21 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

That is correct, when in deep standby the red light remains off.

I have mine set to go into deep standby between 11pm and 3pm the next day.

| Thu 26 Jan 2023 16:41:00 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobM69

Harters - 1 hour ago  » 

Not necessarily so. There is a setting where you can opt to have no light on deep standby. The default is for a red light - which is brighter than when in normal standby

| Thu 26 Jan 2023 18:09:14 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

RobM69 - 16 hours ago  » 

Harters - 1 hour ago  » 

Not necessarily so. There is a setting where you can opt to have no light on deep standby. The default is for a red light - which is brighter than when in normal standby

Correct, I was going by my setting (light off) which is what I think most people set theirs too. That way you know for sure that it is in deep standby, other than listening for the sound of the HDD.

| Fri 27 Jan 2023 10:51:49 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.