My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura/Android Apple TV app issues

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barrie

I’m new to the forum so please excuse me if this topic has been covered elsewhere. When I launch the Apple TV ap I can watch trailers for shows but all other content is either pixelated on half the screen or I get a message saying that content is not available and to check the internet connection. I am properly logged in and have no problems streaming on other devices. I’ve tried all the usual stuff ie powering the Aura off and on, changing from Ethernet to WiFi, logging out of other devices etc. Any help would be appreciated.

| Wed 27 Oct 2021 7:07:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Same issue. Anything on Apple TV I try and watch which I have purchased separately doesn’t work but if you have a subscription to it, any shows or films are ok. Luckily I have Apple TV app on my tv so the aura version being goosed isn’t an issue. I know that doesn’t help but at least it’s not something down to you.

| Wed 27 Oct 2021 9:20:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barrie

boogersa - 5 mins ago  » 
    Same issue. Anything on Apple TV I try and watch which I have purchased separately doesn’t work but if you have a subscription to it, any shows or films are ok. Luckily I have Apple TV app on my tv so the aura version being goosed isn’t an issue. I know that doesn’t help but at least it’s not something down to you.

That’s interesting, as I also have a subscription and can get stuff no problem via my Apple TV box but nothing via the Aura box

| Wed 27 Oct 2021 9:28:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Morgan04045246 - 13 hours ago  » 

boogersa - 5 mins ago  » 

That’s interesting, as I also have a subscription and can get stuff no problem via my Apple TV box but nothing via the Aura box

Sorry. I was working from old info. What I stated was true weeks ago…and now trying it today nothing works at all - the situation you find yourself in.

| Wed 27 Oct 2021 22:57:57 #4 |
  5. freddyfruitbat

freddyfruitbat

Ugh - exactly the same problem with Apple TV on the Aura here:
    "Video Unavailable - There is a problem loading this video. If this continues, please check your internet connection"

Is there any solution to this? It's a bit ironic considering the Apple app is allegedly a kosher one, unlike my sideloaded Netflix one which works fine...

| Mon 8 Nov 2021 13:55:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tigerfan11

I had this issue, turns out my TV cant handle Ultra HD and the settings in the Apple TV app were set to Ultra, so matched tapp settings to same as TV and it all works fine

| Mon 8 Nov 2021 14:53:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

desm52

Tigerfan11 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I had this issue, turns out my TV cant handle Ultra HD and the settings in the Apple TV app were set to Ultra, so matched tapp settings to same as TV and it all works fine

Which setting? I don't see anything mentioning ultrahd.

| Mon 8 Nov 2021 17:07:40 #7 |
  8. freddyfruitbat

freddyfruitbat

desm52 - 58 mins ago  » 

Tigerfan11 - 2 hours ago  » 

Which setting? I don't see anything mentioning ultrahd.

Well interestingly, in fact there is a setting which allows you to restrict viewing to SD only (I can't remember the exact wording). I just tried that and was then able to view Apple content, in SD.

I don't have (or want) an Ultra HD TV, but I do have an HD one which works very nicely for my needs: I'm certainly not going to watch SD stuff though. Firstly, I don't see why the Apple app works as "Ultra" or "SD" only, with nothing in between, and secondly, why it can't work out for itself what type of output it needs. Who is responsible for it? Is it Apple?

| Mon 8 Nov 2021 18:05:55 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I have raised a case with Apple about this issue of their app not working on the aura.

| Mon 8 Nov 2021 19:29:21 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barrie

I would be interested to hear how you got on with Apple Support regarding this issue

| Thu 25 Nov 2021 16:58:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.