My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura/Android Apple TV app issues

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

desm52

I found that a movie I purchsed in itunes didn't work properly in the apple+ app, displaying lots of visual glitches. An apple+ tv show played ok. Setting the app to only play in SD didn't make any difference.

| Thu 25 Nov 2021 17:55:02 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

R Bush

I have just purchased an Aura box. First impresssion is ok, but one of reasons for buying was the Apple TV app to watch my purchased content on Apple.
    Have found problems with playing back content on Apple app.
    Some of my films play back ok, but a lot shows “Video content not Available “ or half the screen seems pixelated.
    Looking at past posts in the form I have set the Apple app to output SD only, but problem still exists.
    Some of my library Comtet is quite old, but checking the output resolution of the Humax it seems Apple is outputing at a resolution at or below 720 at 24fps. My tv is an old LG HD model and I have no trouble playing back blue disks or using Games consoles. Humax box suggests it may be a network problem, by my system is fibre to the box with a speed in excess of 270Mbs.
    Has any one found a reliable solution to this problem

| Sun 7 Aug 2022 16:45:39 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Apple app has never worked on my aura
    But it works fine watching app just through my Sony tv

| Mon 8 Aug 2022 7:37:42 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

The whole thing is a complete balls up from start to finish I certainly won't be buying Humax products in the future.

| Mon 8 Aug 2022 12:26:31 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

snowleopard69

Hi posted this reply on another thread but think we found a work-around

We had same issue. Apple TV starts with titles sequence then drop in to "Video not available. Check your internet connection" - we tinkered with the below, think Point#1 to use SD only is key for old televisions!

1. Settings changed to SD only (have old TV that doesn't support HD\Ultra HD)
    2. Reset Apple TV so re-enabled a/c (just started 3 month trial so checking a/c enabled correctly, ensure SD only is re-checked)
    3. Uninstalled Apple TV App and re-installed (ensure SD only is re-checked)
    4. Settings Location Services disabled (reduce traffic\activity for the App)
    5. Settings Data Analytics disabled (reduce traffic\activity for the App)
    6. Switched from Wifi to Ethernet connection

None of the above made much difference, broadband speeds are relatively reliable, and has same error.

We then tried watching on an iPad tablet beyond the opening credits and then resuming on the TV Apple TV App - which picked-up from where it finished and this apporach worked fine.

The next step was to "fast forward" immediately to go beyond the opening credits to a similar point ~30 seconds in to the show and again Apple TV App on the TV worked fine. It appears as soon as you pass the bump of the opening credits the episode plays so long as also having SD only setting enabled

Hope that helps

| Mon 26 Sep 2022 12:57:16 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.