My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Aux button and OK button don't serve purpose

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

KevinWaltham

After realising how much a month I was paying for my Virgin Tivo set top box in my package I decided to remove it. My replacement was a refurbished Humax FVP-5000T. I am getting used to it and the slooowwww remote/PVR and the other functions.

One thing which is bugging me is the AUX button. A great thing I thought. I can just have one remote to change to my TV, Roku and DVD player. However, I have found it a bit pointless.

I have a LG 37LM620T (purchased around 2012) which is getting old but I am happy with it as it has 3D incorporated and the picture is fine for the size of my room. I have synced the TV with the Humax remote and it switches it on and off and adjusts the volume fine.

The problem arises when I go to use the AUX button. It does enter the TV AUX settings so I can change to the other devices I have by continually pressing AUX to highlight the next device but pressing the ‘OK’ button to select and exit does nothing. I have to get the TV remote out and press ‘OK’ to exit auxillary.

Perhaps it isn’t possible to do but it defeats the reason for it being there. Perhaps there is a way around it. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Many thanks.

| Wed 6 Jul 2022 12:15:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

You don't press the OK button to select the input you have moved to (highlighted) , you just stop pressing and the TV will swap to that input.

| Wed 6 Jul 2022 12:29:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 40 secs ago  » 
    You don't press the OK button to select the input you have moved to (highlighted) , you just stop pressing and the TV will swap to that input.

That doesn't work on my LG TV but the OK button does work.

| Wed 6 Jul 2022 12:31:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

KevinWaltham - 15 mins ago  » 
    The problem arises when I go to use the AUX button. It does enter the TV AUX settings so I can change to the other devices I have by continually pressing AUX to highlight the next device but pressing the ‘OK’ button to select and exit does nothing. I have to get the TV remote out and press ‘OK’ to exit auxillary.

Have you tried all the LG codes? Just possibly one of the others might work better.

| Wed 6 Jul 2022 12:32:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Which LG do you have Martin?

| Wed 6 Jul 2022 12:48:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

KevinWaltham

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    You are correct in what you say but when I timed how long before it reverts to what I want it was 60 seconds. A bit like watching paint dry when you want to get on with the evening. I have tried a lot of the codes but it's a bit tedious. I'll finish them off when I have more time.
    My TV is LG 37LM620T

| Wed 6 Jul 2022 14:01:38 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 1 hour ago  » 
    Which LG do you have Martin?

LG49UJ750V

| Wed 6 Jul 2022 14:31:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I wonder if you have the correct remote with your 5000T.

I have one which I bought new and it sounds different to yours. The number on the remote is RM-L08 and it has no Aux button, though it does have one marked AV which sounds like a similar function. It also has no control over the TV's volume that I have seen (just the 5000T's volume), otherwise just TV on/off and AV. I am using quite an old Panasonic TV.

I imagine that the long delay clearing the selection would be a function of the TV, not the 5000T.

| Wed 6 Jul 2022 14:51:24 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

A1944 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have one which I bought new and it sounds different to yours.

To clarify, it is the 5000T, complete with the RM-L08 remote, which was bought new, not just the remote.

| Wed 6 Jul 2022 16:41:41 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.