My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

BBC iPlayer 02001 error

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

deej78 - 13 hours ago  » 
    NVidia Shield using Express VPN on router and local app working. All services apart from My5
    Humax box not working on any catch-up. All failing.

Where is the Humax located (in the UK or elsewhere)?

| Sat 22 Dec 2018 12:08:48 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

It's located in Rep of Ireland. It's possibly a case of Mr Humax leaking location somehow but because it has Toy like settings there probably nothing that will work. Its grand. I have an Amazon Fire TV that works fine.

| Sat 22 Dec 2018 13:42:31 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

deej78 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    It's located in Rep of Ireland. It's possibly a case of Mr Humax leaking location somehow but because it has Toy like settings there probably nothing that will work. Its grand. I have an Amazon Fire TV that works fine.

Very likely, but remember that the Humax box is not a FTA satellite box but a UK Freesat box. Freesat undoubtedly have an agreement with their EPG members (the broadcasters) that they will not "leak" channels outside of the UK. So why would they support a VPN connection. You might try a DNS service provider who will allocate you a UK address. You will need a special router to support that. I'm not up to speed on the details of that but I know of users in Germany employing this method where a VPN failed.

| Sat 22 Dec 2018 13:51:11 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Pollensa1946 - Most routers will handle this, at least for the DHCP pool. However it can de set directly on the Humax.

Firstly disable DHCP on the router and reboot it. Then go into settings network and choose connect automatically, wait for the DHCP to time out, (quite long). Then you will be offered manual settings. Enter them then you can re-enable DHCP on the router.

It would appear that the BBC is collecting VPN address to block. I used to use a smart DNS server and would choose this as no overhead with encrypt/decrypt and most offer a short trail so that you can verify it works for you.

| Sun 23 Dec 2018 10:25:34 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » ...Most routers will handle this, at least for the DHCP pool...

OK, didn't know that. I do know that one user in Germany had to reflash his FRITZ!box router with custom f/w from the internet.

| Sun 23 Dec 2018 12:36:09 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Charlie boy

Hi
    I have an HDR 1000s and this week all bbc online apps won’t load (just a black screen) all other online apps work well. Have tried rolling back to the 3.00.94 software and factory reset but still no joy. I am using a Samsung tv via hdmi. Any thoughts?

| Fri 11 Jan 2019 18:47:23 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sphelps

Stopped working yesterday on mine

Model Name FVP-4000T
    Software Version UKTFAE 1.03.52
    Loader Version UKTFAE 1.05
    System ID 9010.7D31
    Software Build Date 12 June 2020

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:19:26 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.