My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

BBC iPlayer not working

(53 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kroma

Hi,

Is anybody else having problems with BBC iPlayer on their Humax?

No programmes will play today although other apps (itv hub, My5) seem to work ok.

My internet connection is fine (as evidenced by the other services working) however iPlayer seems to load quite slowly (menu images particularly).

I have the 'new' version of iPlayer (with the new menu layout).

Thanks in advance,

Kroma

| Tue 5 Apr 2022 12:34:08 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Working OK on a HB 1100S...

| Tue 5 Apr 2022 14:30:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Caburn

Hi Kroma,

Yes, I have the same problem as you with my HDR-1100s. I noticed late last night that although the BBC iPlayer - (the 'new' version with the side-menu) - loaded OK it then failed to load any programme I clicked on. When I clicked on Newsnight the pink circle started rotating to indicate that it was trying to load and buffer the programme but it went on for longer than usual until an 02001 error message appeared saying "Something went wrong with this programme ... "

Other streaming services on the box, like Netflix, are still working

The usual ruses of switching the Humax box off and on or trying a full unplug-wait-plug-in reboot failed to fix it.

Googling 'bbc iplayer error code 02001 humax' will return a series of results including a link to an easyfixpro page which lists a number of possible causes of this problem, the most likely of which I think is probably that the the iPlayer software has just been updated in a way that is incompatible with the Humax box's (old) firmware. In which case there might not be anything we can do about it, assuming that Humax are no longer supporting the 1100s or doing firmware updates.

But that is just a guess and I might be wrong. If anyone has any other ideas, particularly if they have any suggestions of fixes or workarounds, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

| Tue 5 Apr 2022 15:12:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

kroma

Hi Caburn,

That's exactly what mine is doing. I have an HDR-1000S.

Let's hope that a fix can be put in place soon but I'm doubtful that it will be. It was working ok last week.

Thankfully I can access iPlayer by other means but those 'other means' aren't seamlessly integrated into my Humax device (which is my main viewing platform).

K

| Tue 5 Apr 2022 18:11:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Caburn

Yep, same here, although I've been used to streaming Channel4/All4 from a different source for quite some time and, as you say, it now looks as though we'll have to do the same for the iPlayer, which is a palaver we could do without.

(Channel4 streaming went missing from Humax the day after I bought the box!)

| Tue 5 Apr 2022 18:20:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ega95jch

Hi, same for me as well with HDR-1100S.

Crossed fingers for a fix, but it's not looking good from what others are saying.

| Tue 5 Apr 2022 22:29:31 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kilroyuk

Yes me too on HDR-1100S. Only bought it second hand last week and now iplayer will only work from LG tv not stb. Very annoyed.

| Wed 6 Apr 2022 0:13:37 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Strange one this as it is still working on my HB 1100S, so tried a HDR 1000S and same failure as reported above.

Humax Towers made aware of these reports, and my findings.

| Wed 6 Apr 2022 8:01:31 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

kroma

I've reported to the team at iPlayer.

| Wed 6 Apr 2022 8:07:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

pubsinger

Yep, same here, I've had the iPlayer problem for a couple of weeks, YouTube too.

Both apps load and search but nothing will play.

No issues with ITV Hub or My5 on the HDR110s, everything working on BT Humax DTR-T2000 YouView box.

| Wed 6 Apr 2022 8:47:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.