My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

BBC iPlayer not working

(53 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tell

Ditto. Not working on the Freeview HDR2 also.... fine on the Nvidia. Missing play from the start on Freesat. Has it's uses on whether to watch Newsnight or The Paper Review.

| Wed 6 Apr 2022 15:29:16 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Caburn

Barry - 7 hours ago  » 
    Strange one this as it is still working on my HB 1100S, so tried a HDR 1000S and same failure as reported above.
    Humax Towers made aware of these reports, and my findings.

Thanks for reporting this Barry

| Wed 6 Apr 2022 15:36:29 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Yes, very annoying!! We pay for our tv licence & get this! No excuse Freesat/Humax. Youtube still awaiting to be fully updated, no Channel 4 catch (yet) . . . users still use Freesat & pay good money for the equipment. I have only just replaced/updated my LNB, so money has been invested in my own equipment.

Tried doing a soft reset & still can't access iPlayer. Via Catch up from EPG, I get just the iPlayer login logo & nothing else, but if you go via Apps, it allows you to get to homepage, but keeps buffering & no access to anything.
    I get same error code 02001 "something wrong with this programme" (we know that BBC, so simply fix to stop annoying users!

Amazingly tested this on Youview pvr & it works perfectly. Youview look after their customers & provide regular updates. Might not be perfect interface, but at least they regularly support bug fixes etc.

Lets hope Humax/Freesat can provide a software fix ASAP. Totally unfair. John L

| Wed 6 Apr 2022 16:35:29 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Npritchard

Same error (02001) on my HDR 1100S. This is on the BBC site. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/connected-tv/freesat-humax-error

| Wed 6 Apr 2022 18:52:44 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Caburn

Npritchard - 26 mins ago  » 
    Same error (02001) on my HDR 1100S. This is on the BBC site. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/connected-tv/freesat-humax-error

Thanks. I notified the BBC yesterday (REF: CAS-7148706-Z5J7H8) as perhaps did others and it's good to see that they've at-least acknowledged the problem quickly.

| Wed 6 Apr 2022 19:23:00 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Thank you Caburn for doing this. I have only just used my Freesat today. I also contacted BBC a short while ago to complain. Hopefully they will fix the fault.
    John L

| Wed 6 Apr 2022 19:53:03 #16 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Barry - 13 hours ago  » 
    Strange one this as it is still working on my HB 1100S, so tried a HDR 1000S and same failure as reported above.
    Humax Towers made aware of these reports, and my findings.

Humax Towers acknowleged my report, and are working towards a fix.

| Wed 6 Apr 2022 21:42:42 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

kroma

That's excellent news. Thanks for your help.

| Wed 6 Apr 2022 21:44:50 #18 |
  9. AndrewB

AndrewB

Same problem here. Thought it was my Humax at first. Thanks for reporting it. No change on the BBC error page yet. Not desperate to watch Killing Eve as the new Season is rubbish!

| Thu 7 Apr 2022 10:02:33 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tell

On another Humax product, the Humax Eye (camera) which I'll flag up if you got one which has gone off line last weekend and doesn't allow you to login. It uses Y-cam software and servers. Y-cam was taken over by ESR. ESR in their wisdom decided that passwords should be 12 mixed characters long as opposed to the Humax / Y-cam screen of 8 not mixed. Consequence it logs you out. You can't request a password update screen, Y-cam servers on this disconnected. Humax phones were / are down on Tuesday. "Sorry this number doesn't exist".

Phoned ESR, 6 in the queue ahead, music etc. ESR acknowledged the issue and emailed the invitation to change password, didn't own up to it but obvious what they had done. The old IT trick of strengthening passwords and login you out to force you to get a new one, but in this case the Humax Eye / Y-cam software doesn't work so you need to phone up the new provider. They said there will be no new Y-cam software, so end of the line.

Thus if a user of Humax Eye or thinking of one need to be aware. The camera does work very well indoors. Blink is a better product thou since its not end of line. They have an outdoor models and indoor models, two way talk etc. Have both. Humax Eye integrates with Humax set top box, Blink with Alexa apps. Blink is an Amazon product.

| Fri 8 Apr 2022 8:07:49 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.