My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

BBC, ITV, C4 etc players greyed out and not usable

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

When I go HOME > PLAYERS ..., I am taken to the Freeview Play screen on my 4000T.

Previously the top row was the BBC, ITV, C4 etc players, the second row was Netflix, YouTube, Humax Eye etc, and the third row was much smaller icons for Æsop's Fables, Snow White, The Little Mermaid etc.

Now, however, see the image below. The top row icons are greyed out and each of the icons says Freeview Play. I cannot select any of them - if I go UP from the Netflix row I jump straight to the blue " i " information icon. If I go DOWN from the " i " icon I jump straight back to the Netflix row.

I have powered OFF and ON but it made no difference.

It used to work OK and I used to be able to choose, say, the BBC or the ITV player.

I think it may have happened when I was watching something on the BBC player and I had it on PAUSE. I am not sure what happened - perhaps while paused, the box started recording something; or perhaps it powered itself off. Whatever, the next time I looked, I could not see the players.

Any suggestions for how to get them back?

Attachments

1. IMAG0001.gif (132.6 KB, 0 downloads) 6 years old
    | Mon 19 Mar 2018 23:57:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Just a guess, but could it be caused by loss of the Internet connection?

| Tue 20 Mar 2018 0:04:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Good thought, but no. If I use the Program Guide, I can go "backwards" and choose a BBC or ITV programme and play it.

The players work - it is just I cannot access them from the Freeview Players screen!

| Tue 20 Mar 2018 0:10:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I have found a workaround.

To get the ITV Hub, for example:

1. Play any old ITV programme from the EPG for an earlier time. This starts the ITV Hub

2. Press the UP ARROW to get the ITV Hub menu at the top of the screen.

You can now select SEARCH, CHANNEL etc, and find the programme you actually want to play.

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 16:08:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

g4rth

I have the same problem since the last update. The EPG history shows no information and the only way I can get it back is by unpluging the mains. It appears to be intermittently dropping the wifi connection which I can get back by re-installing the wifi password. This gives me back the player applications but it doesn't give me back the EPG. If I unplug the unit to reboot I don't need to reinstall the password and the EPG history is fine. The forward EPG is always ok.

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 21:55:17 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

vexillia

I've had this once. Network was fine only a "power recycle" restored the buttons.

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 23:24:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

DerekJJ

Press the 'F' button and select 'Players'. In the top right corner you will see an highlighted 'i', select this and you will be asked whether you wish to delete cookies. Delete the cookies and Freeview Play and On Demand should be restored.

| Sun 25 Mar 2018 18:39:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

DerekJJ

It did not work for me. I deleted the cookies and even powered OFF/ON and I still cannot see the players.

I think the cookies probably store the information about "where you have got" to if you stop a programme which allows the box to offer to start from where you last watched so I am not surprised.

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 11:33:54 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

DerekJJ

Sorry about that. I find I have to do the delete cookies routine every few days to get the 'Freeview Play' facility back. Alternatively I remove the power cord for at least 30 seconds, this also works for me but is a little tedious.

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 12:49:05 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I have had the following response from Humax - as expected it is to do a reset.

Thank you for contacting Humax.

Please follow these instructions to perform factory default on a Freeview Play unit. Performing a factory default can help with picture/sound, signal and recording issues.

Please NOTE: System settings such as screen ratio will be reset and your schedule will be deleted but recorded programmes will be saved.

- Press Home/Freeview Play button on the remote
    - Using the directional buttons move up (top right hand corner) and select Settings
    - Select System Settings then Factory Default
    - Choose Reset All Settings with the OK button
    - Select ‘YES’
    - Enter Password 0000

The unit will restart, please allow up to 2 minutes for this to happen

- Please select 'Start now' & choose your preferred language
    - Select Next and allow the automatic search to reach 100%
    - When the option SAVE becomes available, press OK
    - Please choose your Internet Connection Method
    - Select Next on confirmation Screen
    - Select "I agree to the privacy policy" and press OK
    - Select "I agree to the terms and conditions" and press OK
    - Choose Next
    - Next, select your "Power Saving In Standby" preference and press OK
    - Then choose Exit
    - Software check will take place
    - Once finished scroll through the onscreen guide and press OK on the last screen

This completes the setup.

I will report back on the result.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 17:00:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.