My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

BBC programmes will not play properly

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Queenie

I have a Humax FVP 5000T and having been having a number of glitches with Freeview players recently. ie. They were not being loaded from start-up.
    However, I discovered the recent software update and loading problems seem to be resolved for all players except BBC Player. I cannot get any of the programmes to play properly. I'm talking about any programmes that are not live. Sometimes they will start but then there is frequent buffering (despite having changed to SD)followed eventually by error messages that just say there was a problem showing this programme.I've repeatedly checked my network connection and that is ok. I have not been able to find any advice online from the BBC or Freeview about potential problems. Has anyone else had similar problems recently?

| Wed 24 Feb 2021 22:42:52 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Queenie - 22 mins ago  » 
    I have a Humax FVP 5000T and having been having a number of glitches with Freeview players recently. ie. They were not being loaded from start-up.
    However, I discovered the recent software update and loading problems seem to be resolved for all players except BBC Player. I cannot get any of the programmes to play properly. I'm talking about any programmes that are not live. Sometimes they will start but then there is frequent buffering (despite having changed to SD)followed eventually by error messages that just say there was a problem showing this programme.I've repeatedly checked my network connection and that is ok. I have not been able to find any advice online from the BBC or Freeview about potential problems. Has anyone else had similar problems recently?

How is your FVP-5000-T connected to your router. Wifi or a direct cable connection. If Wifi do you have a Windows laptop or PC using the same Wifi connection ?

| Wed 24 Feb 2021 23:09:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Queenie

My FVP-5000T is connected to my router by wifi. I have a Windows 10 laptop using the same wifi and bbc iplayer works perfectly on it.

| Wed 24 Feb 2021 23:48:25 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Queenie - 10 hours ago  » 
    My FVP-5000T is connected to my router by wifi. I have a Windows 10 laptop using the same wifi and bbc iplayer works perfectly on it.

Open windows file explorer and select the network option.

Can you see the FVP-4KGTR ? If so right click sand look at properties

Attachments

1. FVP-4KGTR_properties.jpg (50.9 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    2. Windows_Explorer_Network.jpg (150.4 KB, 2 downloads) 3 years old
    | Thu 25 Feb 2021 10:27:43 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mixed up your box. iplayer is working on my 5000T.

FVP-settings - Network Settings - Network connection status - Has your box got a IP address ? Does it say internet is OK.

FVP-settings - System Settings - System information. What is your Software Version ?

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 11:29:47 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Queenie

Thanks.
    Internet is ok and connected. My box's IP address is 192.168.1.1
    Updated my software version yesterday
    Version: UKTFAE 1.03.53 13th Jan 2021

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 11:45:31 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Queenie - 7 mins ago  » 
    Thanks.
    Internet is ok and connected. My box's IP address is 192.168.1.1
    Updated my software version yesterday
    Version: UKTFAE 1.03.53 13th Jan 2021

That IP address doesn't seem right. That is normally the base address of your router you use in a browser to login to your router setup.. it should be something like 192.168.1.18

Who is your ISP ?

To login to a virgin router you use 192.168.0.1

Ideally you should make a note of your box mac address and reserve a ip address to it's MAC address. That way it should always stay the same.

If you google how to reserve and reserve a ip address to it's MAC address using a your isp router ?

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 11:59:32 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Queenie

I have just tried watching a couple of programmes on bbc iplayer and apart from what seem to be initial delays in starting there has been no buffering.

Maybe there was a problem just with the bbc service. I'll continue to monitor and post again if there are further problems.
    Meanwhile, if you have any further advice, I'd be very grateful for it.

Thanks for your help.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 12:09:58 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Queenie - 3 mins ago  » 
    I have just tried watching a couple of programmes on bbc iplayer and apart from what seem to be initial delays in starting there has been no buffering.
    Maybe there was a problem just with the bbc service. I'll continue to monitor and post again if there are further problems.
    Meanwhile, if you have any further advice, I'd be very grateful for it.
    Thanks for your help.

Can you run a network cable from the box location to the router location. Wired is always more reliable than WiFi ? If so how long a cable do you need ?

You can download a WiFI test app on a mobile phone. This should give you an idea how fast your WiFi is at the box location.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 12:16:28 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Queenie

In reply to your latest post re the IP address.
    The address I gave is the one indicated in my network connection status page.
    There are two other addresses which are
    Gateway address 192.168.1.254
    Primary DNS server 192.168.1.254
    There is no other IP address that i can find.

My ISP is Plusnet.

| Thu 25 Feb 2021 12:21:18 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.