My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Remote not operating any functions

(40 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Just had a bit of a random thought, do you have HDMI CEC enabled on your TV?

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 11:59:59 #31 |
  2. Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Now that is interesting! My router is right next to the Humax box, so I will move it and keep you posted.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 12:02:02 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

If it was a software problem, you would think there would be others reporting similar effects.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 12:02:11 #33 |
  4. Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Sorry Gonzo - I'm getting out of sync with the relies. Not sure, but will check. I know nothing about CEC, so are you saying it should be or should not be enabled?

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 12:06:18 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Robin Hood - 16 minutes ago  » ... Still convinced it is a software glitch...

I've had the box for 2 years since launch and only had two problems with the R/C. The one I posted above concerning the sun and another immediately post a s/w update, where a factory reset fixed it. No other R/C problems. I spent many years in s/w development and this is not a s/w problem other than it may be related to CEC interaction between TV and box. Paying SKY 10 Pounds per month to solve it is money out the window.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 12:09:26 #35 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Robin Hood - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry Gonzo - I'm getting out of sync with the relies. Not sure, but will check. I know nothing about CEC, so are you saying it should be or should not be enabled?

If it's enabled turn it off. It's called different things depending on make of TV.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 12:16:02 #36 |
  7. Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Thanks guys, In reply to Gonzo, I have turned "HDMI Content Detection" to "off". Its a Panasonic TV and I presume this is what they call HDMI CEC. However, I think Barry may have put his finger on the problem. When I switched over from Sky to Humax, I also rewired my Router to be in the same room as the Humax box - and in fact placed them only inches apart. I have now separated them by a few feet. So far, all is good, but I'll let you know after a week or so.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 13:14:17 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Robin Hood - 3 minutes ago  » ...Its a Panasonic TV and I presume this is what they call HDMI CEC...

Panasonic call it Viera Link, certainly on all their previous to 2014 TVs.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 13:19:08 #38 |
  9. Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Yes. Viera link has always been set to "off", but there was an additional setting for hdmi content detection that was previously set to on, but is now off. Hopefully Gonzo and/or Barry's solution will do the trick.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 13:32:30 #39 |
  10. Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Well its been working perfectly for the last week and that's with all the settings reverted back to original, so it was definitely the close proximity of the router that caused all the grief. Many thanks to Barry for the tip, but thanks to all that took the time to respond.

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 18:03:42 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.