My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Bluetooth, optical,wireless speakers - USB

(34 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Firstly you can't install any drivers in a HDR1000S. It can only use the built in drivers for a usb mass storage device. You however use the usb port to power/charge a portable Bluetooth transmitter like this one.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/eSynic-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Sender-Stereo/dp/B00HZ0L17E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1418141954&sr=8-1&keywords=bluetooth+audio+transmitter#productDetails

To supply the audio you need to provide this either from the TV which may have audio out via Red/White RCA phono sockets or from a scart socket using a scart adaptor or from the hdr1000S rca phono outputs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCART-To-3-RCA-Composite-Phono-Adaptor-In-Out-Switch-GOLD-/400666168690?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item5d49908d72

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRO-3-5mm-Stereo-Jack-to-Twin-2x-RCA-Phono-Male-Plug-Lead-20cm-to-20m-Lead-24k-/351134147148?pt=UK_Musical_Cables_Leads_Connectors&var=&hash=item51c139e24c

Once you have the transmitter source set up, you should be able to use any Bluetooth speakers to transmit to.

| Tue 9 Dec 2014 17:28:44 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Something like this?

http://telme2.com/tosblue-the-super-TV-sound-you-can-afford.html

| Tue 9 Dec 2014 17:29:23 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Or maybe this, which uses non-BT wireless:

http://www.ecodigital.co.uk/estore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=167

I've got a USB-powered DAC from Audioengine and it's first rate.

| Tue 9 Dec 2014 18:08:41 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

I have earlier been looking at the unfortunate sounding TOSLINK and SPDIF plus the TosblueX perhaps requirers more understanding on my part but appears of interest.

In respect to utilising 3,5mm jack from the audio (headset) outlets ....will this not nullify the in-set TV speakers? and serve only to provide audio via the BT speakers?

| Tue 9 Dec 2014 18:11:55 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lindberg146 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I have earlier been looking at the unfortunate sounding TOSLINK and SPDIF plus the TosblueX perhaps requirers more understanding on my part but appears of interest.
    In respect to utilising 3,5mm jack from the audio (headset) outlets ....will this not nullify the in-set TV speakers? and serve only to provide audio via the BT speakers?

afaik no one has suggested using a headset output, only any line level outputs the TV may have.

| Tue 9 Dec 2014 18:19:30 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Thank you

In regard to headset output perhaps misunderstanding on my part....is that not where the 3.5mm jack for the BT adaptor proposed would connect?....shall review the proposal and absorb.....

Just had a quick peep at the USB-powered DAC from Audioengine looks good ...but can anyone confirm if the limitations and difficulties in respect to drivers as identified by Graham would similarly apply?

Phew ...fast moving stuff I must have blinked..........

| Tue 9 Dec 2014 18:31:24 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Just had a quick peep at the USB-powered DAC from Audioengine looks good ...but can anyone confirm if the limitations and difficulties in respect to drivers as identified by Graham would similarly apply?

No. The W3 is not Bluetooth, it sets up its own wireless link, described in some detail on the page linked to. All the necessary software is integral to the transmitter/ receiver.

The W3 consists of 2 parts, the "Sender" and "Receiver". The Sender transmits audio from your computer through USB audio or from any product with 3.5mm mini-jack or RCA audio outputs. The other side of W3, the Receiver, delivers audio to any product with mini-jack or RCA audio connectors.

You would connect the W3 Sender to the Humax RCA outputs, and plug it into the USB port for power. Then connect the Receiver(s) to whatever speaker(s) you're using.

TOSLINK, by the way, just comes from Toshiba, who invented it. Nothing you can't explain to the six-year-old.

| Tue 9 Dec 2014 18:58:15 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Thank you gentlemen for the advice and suggestions.

I think this may be the one, shall commence the quest for a W3 unit..... Am I correct in my understanding that the RCA to be utilised is NOT from the TV but the ones emanating from the Humax?....Would it make a difference?? suppose the thing to do is try it at some point.

BeST regards

..... Just when I thought i had mastered my reel to reel audio tape recorder.

| Wed 10 Dec 2014 18:13:33 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lindberg146 - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you gentlemen for the advice and suggestions.
    I think this may be the one, shall commence the quest for a W3 unit..... Am I correct in my understanding that the RCA to be utilised is NOT from the TV but the ones emanating from the Humax?....Would it make a difference?? suppose the thing to do is try it at some point.
    BeST regards
    ..... Just when I thought i had mastered my reel to reel audio tape recorder.

Depends on if you want the sound to be available from anything you are watching on the TV, and also if the TV has such outputs (they are increasingly rare).

If you use the sockets on the box then it will have to be on.

Also you need to consider how to control the volume on the remote speaker.

Without knowing exactly what your TV has in the way of outputs it's hard to help further.

My latest TV for instance you could use the headphone socket as it does not mute the speakers and has a separate volume control.

| Wed 10 Dec 2014 18:33:28 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Lindberg146 - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Am I correct in my understanding that the RCA to be utilised is NOT from the TV but the ones emanating from the Humax?....Would it make a difference?? suppose the thing to do is try it at some point.

Up to you. If you connect the W3 to the TV's RCA audio out, mute the TV's own speakers and then all sound from the current source - be it the Humax or the TV or any other device you may be using with the TV - should be transmitted by the W3 Sender to the W3 Receiver(s). (You'll need a Receiver for each speaker.)

Or if you only want to transmit the Humax audio via the W3, then connect the W3 Receiver to the Humax RCA. Bear in mind the W3 Sender will also need to be connected to a USB port, for power.

I found Ecodigital very knowledgeable and helpful, so you could give them a ring if you run into any snags. I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

| Wed 10 Dec 2014 18:50:21 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.