My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Bluetooth, optical,wireless speakers - USB

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Apparently the TV is equipped with Video audio, audio component input, DVI audio in-HDMI 2, and audio out, plus a single female socket (looks 3.5mm) immediately adjacent to the PC 15pin socket.

Me thinks perhaps the audio out, perhaps this would also control the volume via normal procedure?

Thank you, most kind

| Wed 10 Dec 2014 18:54:10 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lindberg146 - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Apparently the TV is equipped with Video audio, audio component input, DVI audio in-HDMI 2, and audio out, plus a single female socket (looks 3.5mm) immediately adjacent to the PC 15pin socket.
    Me thinks perhaps the audio out, perhaps this would also control the volume via normal procedure?
    Thank you, most kind

The 3.5mm socket adjacent to the VGA socket is most likely to be the stereo audio in linked to the VGA input. Both DVI and VGA are video only inputs .

| Wed 10 Dec 2014 19:03:51 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

What does the audio out look like? Can you upload an image?

| Wed 10 Dec 2014 19:10:10 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Does this help (image) .......FYI it does not have valves.........

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 9:52:08 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Further attempt apologies...after many decades of MS Windows have perhaps unwisely taken a leap into the world of macbook air & MS X Yosemite..........my mistake more differences than could have ever contemplated.

did not assign jpeg suffix here goes.....

Attachments

1. Samsung_connections_II.jpeg (94.9 KB, 4 downloads) 9 years old
    | Thu 11 Dec 2014 10:02:18 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

No apologies needed. Looks like the Audio out L/R should be fine. But where are you thinking of connecting the W3 for power? Looks like the port marked "Service" may be a USB slot but do you know how much power it supplies?

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 10:14:17 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Had it in mind to use the Humax USB port labeled as 0.5A ac ..which I have assumed (yes I do know)
    shall remain powered at all times the Humax is "ready" state (ON)

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 10:21:56 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

That should be ok then. I don't have a clear mental picture of your setup - was assuming the USB on the box might be too far from the TV audio out to use both without one of those nasty long cables.

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 10:30:35 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Thank you

Humax & TV share common location as TV ....use audio out then....

Those nasty cables must be avoided for the audio signal to speakers which are in "remote" alternative locations (as stated have power at a couple of proposed sites)

As I"pen" this reply I think of the images sound bar and TV speaker system manufacturers promote as advertisement material,all of which have speakers adjacent to the TV at the side or undeneath....

My plan is to avoid introduction of "echo" (loosely termed ..noise bouncing off hard surfaces) by limiting the volume of the TV set speakers and supplementing it from other areas of the room space
    which may include almost opposite walls as site for the new speakers.

I recall the phenomen of "feedback" in times past being a problem when locating speakers opposed to each other......never been a Hi Fi buff so may be talking out of the top of my head ???

Anticipate between 4 mts & 12 mts from TV as potential alternative speaker locations

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 14:22:32 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Isn't it going to be a little odd to have dialogue coming from 12 metres away from the TV screen?

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 22:20:01 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.