My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Booting sequence HDR1100S

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

Just joined today so your help would be appreciated.

I am on my second HDR1100S and still not sure whether the boot process is working correctly.
    The first box was returned as faulty as it would only boot correctly after turning off at the mains. If this was not done the boot process ended up with just a bright purple screen and with picture behind.

The second box boots without having to turn off but goes through the following sequence.
    Standby light red-
    standby light out-
    Standby light red-
    after about 10 seconds- purple light (recording)
    Then turns blue (play) with picture.
    This all takes about 35-40 seconds.

If rebooted within a few minutes, the boot process is -standby red and then directly to blue which I assume is correct.

Perhaps you could let me know how yours boots.
    Many thanks

| Sun 16 Aug 2015 16:56:54 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Tpost - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Just joined today so your help would be appreciated.
    I am on my second HDR1100S and still not sure whether the boot process is working correctly.
    The first box was returned as faulty as it would only boot correctly after turning off at the mains. If this was not done the boot process ended up with just a bright purple screen and with picture behind.
    The second box boots without having to turn off but goes through the following sequence.
    Standby light red-
    standby light out-
    Standby light red-
    after about 10 seconds- purple light (recording)
    Then turns blue (play) with picture.
    This all takes about 35-40 seconds.
    If rebooted within a few minutes, the boot process is -standby red and then directly to blue which I assume is correct.
    Perhaps you could let me know how yours boots.
    Many thanks

I don't have your unit but a model with the same firmware and may be able to clarify things.
    These units take a few mins to enter full standby.
    Also if within 15 mins of a scheduled recording the unit will not be in full standby but waiting for a start signal.
    In both these conditions boot will be much faster.
    The boot from power loss is also different and it will reboot just to set it's clock and then return to standby.

| Sun 16 Aug 2015 17:25:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

and 35 seconds from full standby sounds about right.

| Sun 16 Aug 2015 19:13:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

Apolagies for bumping this!
    Thanks for your reply REPASSAC and Reffub.
    However I am still concerned about the boot sequence from standby after about 30 minutes.
    As it progresses through the sequence it appears that it is looking for data such as DVB ,wide screen mode, hdmi and others. Then just before the picture appears a flash goes across the screen.
    It does eventually produce a satisfactory picture.
    If you have recently bought an HDR1100 perhaps you could have a look at the light sequence on booting and post here to put my mind at rest!
    Many thanks

| Fri 21 Aug 2015 13:14:24 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can't help you there but I would suggest you set a fixed picture output resolution (I use 1080-P) as several different resolutions are used for boot during logo display and finally picture, before I did this each resolution change took about a second with a white screen. Now no re-sync needed by the TV at all.

| Fri 21 Aug 2015 15:19:58 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I have not timed it but the LED light sequence on boot is the same on my HDR 1100S.

| Fri 21 Aug 2015 20:16:09 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alfie25

Have returned my 1100 so can't answer specifically, however I do seem to think it was red followed by red and blue together (purple) then blue when the unit was on. 30 secs sounds about right.

When yours goes to standby (red light only) can you still hear the unit? I know in my other post you said you couldn't hear the faint whistle that mine has but surely you can hear the fan spinning and the constant click/click seeking of the hard drive.

They do seem a bit flaky these new boxes. You're on your 2nd, and of the few reviews I've read, a few people have had no luck with their first one.

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 12:46:53 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

Many thanks to all for feedback regarding the LED sequence.
    Mine is obviously OK. Phew!

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 14:42:43 #8 |
  9. woodz

woodz

Yes the led is red the purple then blue

Purple when recording as well. The first screen that says freesat and humax is a lower resolution.

Boot up time seems about right from low power standby. The only issue I had once was it wouldn't show a 1080p picture rebooted the box and has never happened since. Dont forget you should get two years warranty if you have registered the box with humax.

| Wed 26 Aug 2015 18:52:28 #9 |
  10. Grinny

Grinny

woodz - 3 years ago  » 
    Dont forget you should get two years warranty if you have registered the box with humax.

How do you register the box with Humax? There was no info about it in the box the box came in.

| Fri 30 Nov 2018 17:57:43 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.