My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Can’t connect aura app on Apple to set top box

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jbl98

Hi,
    I know this has been posted before by other, but I just can’t get the Aura app on any of may Apple devices to connect to the STB. The app doesn’t find it on the network, but does when I add the ip address directly, it then won’t accept the registration code that displays on the TV. I know it’s the right box, because pressing the button in the app brings up the registration code on the TV. I can see the STB on the network. I can connect via ftp, VLC and port 8080 using a web browser. I’ve registered the box on my Humax, and can see the scheduled recordings. Can’t see a list of installed apps though.

Has anyone got any ideas?

John

| Wed 28 Feb 2024 0:10:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

KarlDodsworth

I have installed a newly purchase one today and have exactly the symptoms you describe (I haven't tried ftp, VLC or port 8080 connections though - no plan to use those)
    I don't suppose you have made any progress since posting have you?

Karl

| Fri 15 Mar 2024 14:00:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pompeytel

Same problem here. Waited weeks for Humax to get a new delivery and arrived today. All good except can’t get the app to connect. Exactly the same issues as you. Also unable to connect to the built in chromecast.
    Also I rang Humax support. And went through all the delete reinstall remove item from profile and re-add it they insisted would resolve the problem and it hasn’t. As a result I was told to reply to the email with the instructions they sent and it will get escalated.
    May be an idea if everyone does the same so they can see it’s an issue their end. App Probably needs an update following IOS updates? Maybe?

| Fri 15 Mar 2024 18:40:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterobb

Same here. Registration code is always invalid.

| Mon 18 Mar 2024 10:20:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

pompeytel

Had a reply from Humax to say it had been escalated but but implied no one else has had any issues???? I’ve replied stating there are others on this forum with the same issue. So May be worth everyone ringing them on their contact numbers and raising an issue too

| Mon 18 Mar 2024 10:46:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

baabaa90

I'm having this issue too. Have tried everything including resetting the Aura, reinstalling the app, deleting profiles, etc.. The registration of the Aura on the web was fine. Just no automatic detection of the Aura via the iOS app and registration code failed when typing in the IP address. I emailed support yesterday and am awaiting a response. Can see the Aura box and stream via VLC (although this is not stable).

| Mon 18 Mar 2024 15:53:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

pompeytel

I rang the 033 number and got straight through as when I emailed them I got no where. By ringing them she sent me an email with a “try this” request which did nothing. But that gave me a reference number so was told to just reply to her email and she would escalate it. I honestly think it needs everyone to bombard them though as that was last Thursday and since then heard nothing other than the first reply stating it was only me having issues.
    Seems to me everyone is having issues. They need to sort it out

| Mon 18 Mar 2024 18:42:56 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

pompeytel

I rang the 033 number and got straight through as when I emailed them I got no where. By ringing them she sent me an email with a “try this” request which did nothing. But that gave me a reference number so was told to just reply to her email and she would escalate it. I honestly think it needs everyone to bombard them though as that was last Thursday and since then heard nothing other than the first reply stating it was only me having issues.
    Seems to me everyone is having issues. They need to sort it out

| Tue 19 Mar 2024 1:11:19 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

KarlDodsworth

Sorry for not responding to this yesterday - we also emailed uksupport on the 17th, with the following text:
    <The box is connected to the internet and registered successfully with the MyHumax web site (able to view scheduled recordings)
    The Humax Aura app downloads to my iPhone but does not locate the box when it searches. Using the option to input the IP address causes it to locate the box (it triggers the box to announce the registration code) but the app then declares the code incorrect. Please see the screenshots below and let me know what we need to do to sort this issue.>
    No reply yet...........

| Tue 19 Mar 2024 9:42:03 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

pompeytel

It’s very frustrating as it’s not a cheap box and is one if the triggers for me personally buying this device.
    Hopefully it’s an App update needed

| Tue 19 Mar 2024 10:10:57 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.