My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Can’t connect aura app on Apple to set top box

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pompeytel

Latest from Humax

Hi

We apologize for this experience; an escalation was made and we are waiting for a response on the way forward.

Best Regards,

Pauline
    Humax Customer Support

| Tue 19 Mar 2024 14:08:37 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

KarlDodsworth

Excuse the gap between updates
    We initially got the response reported by another user:

'Please try to uninstall the Aura app from your phone, and reboot the phone. Then open the myhumax.net in a browser (on computer if you have any at hand, but if not, maybe a mobile one would also do) and log in to your Humax account from there. Open the My Page > Register Device screen, and see if there's any Aura . If yes, remove it and start adding it from scratch. If not, try to get and enter a new code. Then if successful, install the Aura app back on your phone and try to log in there as well.'

to which we replied:

'Thank you for trying to assist. I have followed your instructions to uninstall the app and reboot the phone. When logged in to myhumax.net the screen is called ‘Manage Device’ not ‘Register Device’ (since it already has the box registered) but it allows you to remove device and then register it again. This is successful but after installing the app again it produces the same result as I described previously.
    I would appreciate you escalating this issue – there are a number of users on the <My Humax’ forum reporting exactly the same difficulty.

(another bug to report – when accessing myhumax.net with the Microsoft Edge browser, clicking manage device reloads the Individual Info screen instead. It works correctly with the Google Chrome browser however)'

which after a further enquiry about the iOS in use and our reply produced this response on 25th Mar:

'Our developer team has been made aware of the issue and is actively investigating it to identify and resolve the root cause as swiftly as possible. We understand the inconvenience this may have caused and sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to address it.
    Rest assured, your satisfaction and seamless experience with Aura are our top priorities, and we're committed to providing you with a resolution as soon as we can.
    In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
    Thank you for your continued support and understanding.'

Just chased again today.

| Tue 2 Apr 2024 14:07:11 #12 |
  3. Mars

Mars

special member

Did the app update not fix it for you?

| Tue 2 Apr 2024 14:53:02 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

pompeytel

New update seems to have fixed this now

| Tue 2 Apr 2024 15:11:07 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

KarlDodsworth

Obviously I posted the update first and then checked around the forum! I found the news of an update on another topic (HUMAX App) to this one and of course I wasn't subscribed to that... Thanks Mars though for bringing it to my attention while I was away from my mails eagerly trying it.
    I am pleased to report that this works for me too.
    An email from Customer support advising people who had reported a problem about the update would have been nice (the app store says it has been out for 5 days) but that shouldn't detract from the fact it has been a rapid 'fault to fix'turnaround which is impressive and I am most grateful for.
    Full remote access to set recordings, view them and particularly (the reason I bought it) download them to watch when without good WiFi or 4G all seems to be working well.

| Tue 2 Apr 2024 15:27:18 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

pompeytel

Agreed an email would have been good

| Tue 2 Apr 2024 16:06:04 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.