My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Cannot change channels whilst recording

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim.h

I cannot change channel while another is recording. Any help out there?

| Sat 29 Oct 2016 19:44:03 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Sounds like your unit is in single feed mode. Does the channel up/down button offer a few channels?
    The unit will choose the mode only at initial setup or reset to default.
    If just a few channels are offered with channel up/down then perform a reset and watch carefully for an on screen message that two feeds have been detected. If only one then you have a cable fault, probably a simple short due to a badly fitted F connector.

A reset to default retains recordings but does loose your recording schedule and changed settings - so make a note first. A photo is a good and quick way of capturing your schedule.

| Sun 30 Oct 2016 8:12:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim.h

Thanks for getting back to me. I have two feeds coming in as confirmed in Settings. This seems to be an intermittent issue as I am able to change channels during a recording at the moment but couldn't yesterday

| Sun 30 Oct 2016 9:59:41 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jim.h - 43 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for getting back to me. I have two feeds coming in as confirmed in Settings. This seems to be an intermittent issue as I am able to change channels during a recording at the moment but couldn't yesterday

The 3rd channel choice depends on which two channels you are recording. There should always be some 3rd channels available (the prog up/down on the remote will cycle through the available channels.

Try this start a recording on BBC1 HD, start a second on BBC 2 HD. You should be able to watch any other channel (and live pause it).

If this doesn't work then please post as there is something wrong (you may have a faulty tuner 2 connection that worked when you set up the box.

For more info see

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Sun 30 Oct 2016 10:48:11 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.