My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Cannot delete some recordings

(46 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

thanks for the update Bob,

install samba on machine 1 via the browser, package management. make sure it's running in service management, reboot if necessary.
    you should be able to connect to machine 1 via windows file explorer, i.e. it should appear under network. If it doesn't type machine 1's ip address such as:
    \\192.168.1.23
    into the navigation bar and press return, i.e. where c:\users or ThisPC or similar normally is. You'll need to find the proper ip address as necessary.
    What you should end up with is a list of available folders on machine 1, change directory to Video and copy over to your windows 10 pc everything you want to keep, don't copy the 0.ts and 0.nts

If you've reached this far then you have the choice of simply re-formatting machine 1 and copying back or attempting repairs to the filesystem. Most people I'd imagine would re-format and copy back.

| Sat 21 Jan 2017 16:16:06 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobmoore

Hi Guys,
    Tansfered all my video files Samba. (took over 1 day each way)
    Formated Humax and copied back.

There is only one small problem :-

Now have access to all directories and have deleted the directory which previously I couldn't.

some files and directories show when I look at the Humax directory on the pc but they are not visible on the actual
    Humax machine.

Any ideas?

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 12:29:33 #42 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Bobmoore - 3 minutes ago  » 
    some files and directories show when I look at the Humax directory on the pc but they are not visible on the actual
    Humax machine.
    Any ideas?

Yes the path in one of the sidecar files is incorrect for these files.

As it looks like you have the custom firmware on your Foxsat try this. Use the rename function but do not modify the name and confirm the rename.
    From memory the rename command will correct the path.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 12:37:04 #43 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 42 minutes ago  » 

Bobmoore - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Humax machine.
    Any ideas?

Yes the path in one of the sidecar files is incorrect for these files.
    As it looks like you have the custom firmware on your Foxsat try this. Use the rename function but do not modify the name and confirm the rename.
    From memory the rename command will correct the path.

Correct, but the fixfilepaths package will auto correct all of them.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 13:20:49 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobmoore

Ran fixfilepaths package and that has done the trick.

Now have recovered all my files and the Humax appears to be behaving itself.

Thanks for all your expertise and help, Much appreciated.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 22:52:59 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Glad to see this worked out for you Bob and thanks to Raydon and CF you'll be able to keep on top of things.

The boxes shouldn't have got into this state in the first place though. Unless there are lots of power cuts, I'd hazard a guess that the boxes aren't being shut down properly. They have to be put into standby, wait for the disk to stop and then they can be switched off. A power cut or simply pulling the plug/mains can lead to file system corruption. If any hard drive type problems persist then you'll need to take a look at the SMART stats from the disk

| Thu 26 Jan 2017 1:56:32 #46 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.