My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Cannot play aura .ts files - any ideas?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgee

Hi
    I have been using WinSCP to download my Aura files via ftp and all seems to go well
    The aura files are recognised and I can download .ts files but despite trying every media player I can think of I cannot play the .ts files ( VLC , Win Media Player ,
    films and tv , movie maker , mpc-hc)no luck

Can someone explain why the .ts files will not play and what I can do to correct this
    Also , will they play in SD or HD?
    I have a .ts file for a 2 hour HD movie which is nearly 6 GB - seems large if only SD
    Thanks

| Mon 2 May 2022 18:29:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

The aura files are recognised and I can download .ts files but despite trying every media player I can think of I cannot play the .ts files ( VLC , Win Media Player ,
    films and tv , movie maker , mpc-hc)no luck
    Can someone explain why the .ts files will not play and what I can do to correct this

Are the original recordings SD or HD? Downloaded HD recordings will still be encrypted, you would need to convert them to a lower resolution format on the Aura to get something you can play on other devices

| Mon 2 May 2022 21:39:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgee

Hi
    Yes thats the answer ; I downloaded an SD recording via ftp and it played fine but an HD rec did not
    I guess Foxy is no use with the Aura ; I used it to copy HD files from my previous humax pvr no problem but the .hmt file does not seem to exist in the aura file tree

| Tue 3 May 2022 11:09:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

hgee - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi
    Yes thats the answer ; I downloaded an SD recording via ftp and it played fine but an HD rec did not

OK. It is very easy to transcode the HD recordings to produce a lower quality version that can be played. In the list of recordings highlight a recording and press the blue "Convert" button. It takes a while to convert (can't remember how long) but once done when you access via FTP you will see two copies of the recording. The original HD will have an "_enc" suffix to the file name; the transcoded version will have a "_converted" suffix and should be playable on other devices. There are options in settings to trade off between picture quality and file size.

I guess Foxy is no use with the Aura ; I used it to copy HD files from my previous humax pvr no problem but the .hmt file does not seem to exist in the aura file tree

Unlike previous Humax recorders there don't appear to be any sidecar files so Foxy is simply not applicable. Does anyone know whether the information that was previously held in the sidecar files is now stored in the .ts file or in a database on the Humax?

| Tue 3 May 2022 12:58:37 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.