My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can't copy radio files to Win10 pc

(37 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sor

This used to be easy. I don't know which is causing the problem, my FVP-5000T or my windows10 laptop.

On my laptop I can see the list of recordings. I used to be able to drag/drop or copy/paste from the FVP-5000T onto my laptop. Now, most of the files cause an error in the copying process. Different errors, that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to correct. Some of the files will copy across. Some intially don't and then eventually do after a number of attempts, but mostly don't. At least one file seems to be corrupted and I have to use dos to rename and then delete it. I have run sfc /scannow on my laptop but seemingly it is fine.

I don't have access to another windows10 laptop to check.

I've tried other file explorers in case mine had stopped working but I think it is fine.

It is only recorded radio files I'm trying to copy not HD. I probably haven't done this since the latest fvp-5000T update on 22 Nov 2018. *shrug* Dunno if that is the problem or windows update.

Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem copying files across?

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 1:18:11 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I normally record Radio using a Foxsat-HDR so have never tried using my 5000T. I have set a Radio 4 Drama - 11:30-12:00 . I will let you know how I get on.

It might be recent Windows 10 upgrade.

One has broken the capability to connect my Samsung S7 phone to my laptop and browse/copy media files.

Also broke internal microphone.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 11:58:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmr_myhumax

Sor - 11 hours ago  » 
    This used to be easy. I don't know which is causing the problem, my FVP-5000T or my windows10 laptop.
    On my laptop I can see the list of recordings. I used to be able to drag/drop or copy/paste from the FVP-5000T onto my laptop. Now, most of the files cause an error in the copying process. Different errors, that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to correct. Some of the files will copy across. Some intially don't and then eventually do after a number of attempts, but mostly don't. At least one file seems to be corrupted and I have to use dos to rename and then delete it. I have run sfc /scannow on my laptop but seemingly it is fine.
    I've tried other file explorers in case mine had stopped working but I think it is fine.
    It is only recorded radio files I'm trying to copy not HD. I probably haven't done this since the latest fvp-5000T update on 22 Nov 2018. *shrug* Dunno if that is the problem or windows update.

So glad I found this post. I've used my Christmas Amazon vouchers to buy the fvp5000t purely for recording radio. I'd researched it and planned to use the samba method. Finally managed to map a Windows 10 for it. My recordings however seem to be encrypted and are in nts format as can be seen below.

Hope we can get this to work...

Attachments

1. Humax.png (62.8 KB, 13 downloads) 5 years old
    | Mon 31 Dec 2018 12:58:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cmr_myhumax - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I've used my Christmas Amazon vouchers to buy the fvp5000t purely for recording radio. I'd researched it and planned to use the samba method. Finally managed to map a Windows 10 for it.

I went through the same struggle. Mapping a drive won't work. You need to get the FVP displaying in Windows Explorer in Network Locations with a DMS suffix (see attachment) and then suddenly everything works (ie SD TV recordings and radio recordings are decrypted on copy). There is a FAQ from Barry that I began to doubt but it is correct see https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/file-transfer

Attachments

1. Windows_Explorer.JPG (58.1 KB, 8 downloads) 5 years old
    | Mon 31 Dec 2018 13:10:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmr_myhumax

Thanks
    I had this enabled but turned it off before I mapped. I've enabled it and can now see the fvp, and my current recording is display as a ts file. My earlier recording is not for some reason, but was only a test. current recordings ends in 10 mins so will try then. Many thanks for your help.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 13:49:56 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I can't get it to work either.

Samba Is on in settings

Network Server Is Enabled

Confirmed SMB is enabled in add windows applications

I have two devices assigned to local IP 191.168.1.169

FVP-5000T DMS and FVP-5000T DMR. Both of these keep dissapearing in explorer then come back a few seconds later.

Clicking on either brings up a Windows Media Player Window not a Explorer window.

Cannot find the radio programme which I have checked has recorded OK.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 14:06:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmr_myhumax

I can transfer my file but it seems to be encrypted. Only one device showing (DMS)

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 14:32:58 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cmr_myhumax - 1 hour ago  » 

Sor - 11 hours ago  » 

So glad I found this post. I've used my Christmas Amazon vouchers to buy the fvp5000t purely for recording radio. I'd researched it and planned to use the samba method. Finally managed to map a Windows 10 for it. My recordings however seem to be encrypted and are in nts format as can be seen below.

.nts is one of the sidecar files. Video Recordings are .ts (transport streams), radio are .mpg (mpeg - actually mpeg 1 layer 2)

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 14:52:55 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmr_myhumax

grahamlthompson - 5 minutes ago  » 

Sor - 11 hours ago  » 

.nts is one of the sidecar files. Video Recordings are .ts (transport streams), radio are .mpg (mpeg - actually mpeg 1 layer 2)

Interesting thanks for that. if you look at my recordings folder it does not contain any mpegs. Am I doing something silly?

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 14:59:54 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmr_myhumax

grahamlthompson - 5 minutes ago  » 

Sor - 11 hours ago  » 

Interesting thanks for that. if you look at my recordings folder it does not contain any mpegs. Am I doing something silly?

Attachments

1. Humax_2.png (133.3 KB, 5 downloads) 5 years old
    | Mon 31 Dec 2018 15:00:35 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.