(37 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cmr_myhumax - 21 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 5 minutes ago  » 

cmr_myhumax - 1 hour ago  » 

Sor - 11 hours ago  » 
    This used to be easy. I don't know which is causing the problem, my FVP-5000T or my windows10 laptop.
    On my laptop I can see the list of recordings. I used to be able to drag/drop or copy/paste from the FVP-5000T onto my laptop. Now, most of the files cause an error in the copying process. Different errors, that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to correct. Some of the files will copy across. Some intially don't and then eventually do after a number of attempts, but mostly don't. At least one file seems to be corrupted and I have to use dos to rename and then delete it. I have run sfc /scannow on my laptop but seemingly it is fine.
    I don't have access to another windows10 laptop to check.
    I've tried other file explorers in case mine had stopped working but I think it is fine.
    It is only recorded radio files I'm trying to copy not HD. I probably haven't done this since the latest fvp-5000T update on 22 Nov 2018. *shrug* Dunno if that is the problem or windows update.
    Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem copying files across?

So glad I found this post. I've used my Christmas Amazon vouchers to buy the fvp5000t purely for recording radio. I'd researched it and planned to use the samba method. Finally managed to map a Windows 10 for it. My recordings however seem to be encrypted and are in nts format as can be seen below.
    Hope we can get this to work...

.nts is one of the sidecar files. Video Recordings are .ts (transport streams), radio are .mpg (mpeg - actually mpeg 1 layer 2)

Interesting thanks for that. if you look at my recordings folder it does not contain any mpegs. Am I doing something silly?

That's odd you have a radio programme that shows as a transport stream file. Maybe Humax have changed radio to .ts after Barry posted in the faqs or when copied the container is changed from .ts to .mpg

Have you tried copying the .ts to your PC and opening it with something like VLC media player ?

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 15:24:38 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmr_myhumax

I did, I will post the error message in a sec..

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 15:35:50 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmr_myhumax

Error message from VLC

Attachments

1. Humax_3.png (101.6 KB, 4 downloads) 5 years old
    | Mon 31 Dec 2018 15:41:18 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 10 minutes ago  » 

Maybe Humax have changed radio to .ts after Barry posted in the faqs or when copied the container is changed from .ts to .mpg

Yes the file type is changed when copied.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 15:41:26 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cmr_myhumax - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Error message from VLC

That is a .ts file and won't be decrypted; when decrypted it will appear as a .mp3 file of identical size.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 15:48:22 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmr_myhumax

ah thanks - so I am I doing something wrong? Why is it not decrypting?

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 15:57:30 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 10 minutes ago  » 

cmr_myhumax - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Error message from VLC

That is a .ts file and won't be decrypted; when decrypted it will appear as a .mp3 file of identical size.

But why was a radio 3 recording given a .ts file type ?

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 15:59:33 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sor

Hmm... Ok, when I looked at my fvp-5000T on my windows 7 laptop, the radio files appeared as .ts but still (recording from today) on my windows 10 laptop they appear as mp3.

Can't copy them from fvp-5000T onto my windows 7 laptop.

Normally..... the mp3 files are really mp2 files. So if you just rename them to mp2 they will play in VLC. VLC should be able to play the .ts files unless there is something else going on? (not decrypted). The .ts files from my Foxsat / Fox T2 play on VLC without doing anything to them.

I'll post following this a couple of things I have found useful for connecting windows 10 via samba, and if you want to edit your radio recordings via audacity.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 18:04:10 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sor

Humax - FVP-5000T - Drive not visible on PC / connecting to PC
    (notes to myself!)

I can't see the Humax as a drive at all under "My PC". I can see it under "Network" as a "Media Device" and under "Other devices" as a "dial server", but can't access any files to click and drag them (although I can see them if I double click the icons as files in WMP, apparently protected, and unplayable).

*** In the network and sharing centre check that your network type is Private and that in advanced sharing settings that Network Discovery is turned on. ***

* To Turn Network Discovery ON/OFF
    Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Centre
    On LHS, select Change Advanced Sharing Settings
    Click on down arrow to expand properties for each Private and Public Network
    Turn ON network discovery.

* To see the active networks and if they are private or public
    Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network And Sharing Centre
    Remember to connect to a different network to see and change these properties for it.

* To change a network’s status between Private and Public and vice versa
    Click on wifi symbol in bottom right menu of desktop.
    Click on properties of connected wifi network
    Select Private or Public in the network profile.

* Alternatively
    Click on the Windows icon and go down the list to Settings. Click on this
    Select Network and Internet
    Click on Change Connection Properties

* Alternatively
    Click on the search magnifying glass
    Look for the little cog (settings) on LHS.
    Select Network and Internet
    Click on Change Connection Properties

Remember to connect to a different network to change these properties for it.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 18:05:39 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sor

Humax - FVP-5000T - Audio Files
    (Notes to myself!)

Double click MY COMPUTER icon (OR open windows explorer. On LHS menu, click once on my computer)
    Double click FVP-5000T - make sure the IP address is visible and it is not just 0.0.0.0

If it is 0.0.0.0 or there is nothing in MY CONTENTS, then the NETWORK SERVER on the FVP-5000T needs to be turned off & on.
    On the FVP-5000T -> Freeview Play button -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Server Management -> Network Server -> Off / On
    OR FVP-5000T -> Freeview Play button -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Server Management -> Server Status -> RESTART

Double click MY CONTENTS
    Double click RECORDINGS
    This gives a list of all the recordings that can be dragged/dropped across to the laptop

Transferring files to laptop via Samba, video files become MPEG and audio files become MP3.

However the problem with these "MP3" files may be that they are not really MP3. The audio stream in UK broadcast TS is either AAC (for HiDef) or MP2 (StDef and radio). The audio files are actually mpeg1 layer2

Some media players won't mind about that, but not all - windows media player, and VLC can't play these "MP3" files.

SO
    SIMPLY CHANGING THE EXTENSION TO .mp2 SEEMS TO LET THE AUDIO PLAY, at least in VLC and windows media player.
    (Just rename the extension as if renaming the filename)

TO EDIT THE FILES
    In audacity - can't drag and drop the file, be it the transferred mp3 or the changed extension mp2.
    Need to IMPORT the transferred mp3 file.
    Importing it as mp2 just gives noise.
    Could try changing the extension to .ts and drag&drop

BUT Audacity will import the 'mp3'
    * File menu > Import > Audio
    * Select "FFmpeg compatible files" as the file type filter
    * Select the file and click OK.
    Need to have installed FFmpeg for Audacity.

Edit the file as required and then EXPORT AUDIO to save the new file in whatever format.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 18:07:33 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.