My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can't copy radio files to Win10 pc

(37 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmr_myhumax

Happy New Year all

This file is giving me some info - does not look encrypted.

Attachments

1. Humax_test.txt (2.3 KB, 7 downloads) 5 years old
    | Tue 1 Jan 2019 10:47:36 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cmr_myhumax - 25 minutes ago  » 
    Happy New Year all

That's fine.

Try changing the file extension to MP2 or .mp3. Some players will work.

Otherwise

https://online-audio-converter.com/

| Tue 1 Jan 2019 11:15:58 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmr_myhumax

grahamlthompson - 58 minutes ago  » 

cmr_myhumax - 25 minutes ago  » 
    Happy New Year all

That's fine.
    Try changing the file extension to MP2 or .mp3. Some players will work.
    Otherwise
    https://online-audio-converter.com/

Thanks - that conversion works - now to find an offline programme that can work. no of mine seem to. Thanks again for your help.

| Tue 1 Jan 2019 12:16:20 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmr_myhumax

update, just found it. Batch encoder will fi8nd the file if I rename it .mp3 (I only tried mp2) now to see if the file works...

| Tue 1 Jan 2019 12:20:53 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmr_myhumax

Sor - 23 hours ago  » 
    That however doesn't solve my problem. I'm still having big difficulties copy&pasting my radio files to my win10 laptop. The drag/drop isn't working at all well. Really poor chance of the file copying across. Trying to copy more than 1 file across at a time also has a low chance of success.
    The popular errors I am getting are:
    0xC00D001A
    0xC00D0035 (trying to copy too large a file??!!)
    Quite often these occur near to the completion of the coping. Checking google, I don't see these errors coming up much related to windows10, though the fixes seem to be to mess around with the registry. Hmm! Perhaps rolling back the windows10 update but I'd like to back up my laptop first!
    I do have an external hard drive connected to my network which has some .ts recordings - films so largish files. Much larger than the radio files. I copy/pasted them onto my win10 laptop without any problems. I guess, that's not via samba so not quite the same thing but hopefully(?) shows my wifi network is working...
    I've done the turn everything off/on. Didn't change anything. I have to think the problem is a recent update - now is it the windows update or the fvp-5000T update that is the problem...
    Or anyone else got any ideas?

I've managed to get my files into a convertible state. However I've had an issue with transferring one of the files to the NAS for conversion - network error. going to try putting on the local PC and see if that makes a difference.

| Tue 1 Jan 2019 17:49:41 #35 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cmr_myhumax - 4 hours ago  » 

Sor - 23 hours ago  » 
    That however doesn't solve my problem. I'm still having big difficulties copy&pasting my radio files to my win10 laptop. The drag/drop isn't working at all well. Really poor chance of the file copying across. Trying to copy more than 1 file across at a time also has a low chance of success.
    0xC00D001A
    Quite often these occur near to the completion of the coping. Checking google, I don't see these errors coming up much related to windows10, though the fixes seem to be to mess around with the registry. Hmm! Perhaps rolling back the windows10 update but I'd like to back up my laptop first!
    I do have an external hard drive connected to my network which has some .ts recordings - films so largish files. Much larger than the radio files. I copy/pasted them onto my win10 laptop without any problems. I guess, that's not via samba so not quite the same thing but hopefully(?) shows my wifi network is working...
    I've done the turn everything off/on. Didn't change anything. I have to think the problem is a recent update - now is it the windows update or the fvp-5000T update that is the problem...

I've managed to get my files into a convertible state. However I've had an issue with transferring one of the files to the NAS for conversion - network error. going to try putting on the local PC and see if that makes a difference.

Have a look on Hummy.TV there is a number of threads on converting radio recordings to a format that can be handled nmstly on the HD-Fox-T2 threads.

This box has similar issues.

Ie

Within the .ts compression codec.

A blank transport stream mpeg2 video stream

A Mpeg Audio stream incorrectly identified as mpeg1 layer 3 when it's actually mpeg 1 layer 2.

You might like to try TSMuxerGUi which allows you to open a file and de-select the mpeg2 video file and recode without this. Left with only a stereo audio track VLC has file conversion capability possbly leaving just the required audio content file.

I Don't think it's a Windows 10 issue (I used to be able to copy radio recordings as per Barry's post). It fails to work now.

You have the required file albeit with the audio stream within the .ts container having the wrong audio codec identifier.

| Tue 1 Jan 2019 22:03:28 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

cmr_myhumax

grahamlthompson - 11 hours ago  » 

cmr_myhumax - 4 hours ago  » 

Sor - 23 hours ago  » 
    0xC00D001A

Have a look on Hummy.TV there is a number of threads on converting radio recordings to a format that can be handled nmstly on the HD-Fox-T2 threads.
    This box has similar issues.
    Ie
    Within the .ts compression codec.
    A blank transport stream mpeg2 video stream
    A Mpeg Audio stream incorrectly identified as mpeg1 layer 3 when it's actually mpeg 1 layer 2.
    You might like to try TSMuxerGUi which allows you to open a file and de-select the mpeg2 video file and recode without this. Left with only a stereo audio track VLC has file conversion capability possbly leaving just the required audio content file.
    I Don't think it's a Windows 10 issue (I used to be able to copy radio recordings as per Barry's post). It fails to work now.
    You have the required file albeit with the audio stream within the .ts container having the wrong audio codec identifier.

Thanks for that I will give the programme a go. Might be better than the conversion I was doing which I think diminished sound quality (which I suppose a double re encode will do)

I also seem to have sorted my transferring issues. A reboot of my router fixed this.

| Wed 2 Jan 2019 9:53:34 #37 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.