My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Casting fault with you tube

(8 posts)
  1. Gothamite

Gothamite

Hi all
    In the past I have connected to my TV via my Humax when I cast from YouTube.
    However over the past few weeks the cast will not work at all.
    Basically after hitting the cast icon on my tablet and selecting the TV the screen does change but I cannot play any content at all.
    Presumably it's a fault with the Humax box (I have a 1100s).
    It was working fine and we found it great for playing YouTube content from our tablet, and also YouTube music.
    Any ideas?
    Ta!

| Tue 12 Oct 2021 11:09:01 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If you use YouTube on your tablet and cast to TV does it work?

If you mean the MyHumax app - I doubt this was intended for the HDR-1XX0 series of products.

| Thu 14 Oct 2021 14:14:10 #2 |
  3. Gothamite

Gothamite

No not the Humax app.
    Basically when I hit the cast icon on my tablet I get the message asking me where I want to cast to, which in my case is the TV with the Humax connected to it.
    The YouTube page then opens up on the TV screen but I cannot use my tablet to select and play items as I used to (basically akin to a remote control...)
    It's been like this now for about a month, a bit annoying as it was a nice way to access and control YouTube.
    Hope I've explained that ok...

| Thu 14 Oct 2021 15:45:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Directly on the Humax (or the TV, because your explanation is a bit ambiguous as to exactly which device you are trying to cast to), go to the YouTube app and then the settings and then "Linked devices".
    If there are any listed, clear/delete them. It's probably worth doing it on the tablet too.
    Then just cast something to the tv/Humax and go through the process of re-linking.

| Thu 14 Oct 2021 16:21:16 #4 |
  5. Gothamite

Gothamite

The message manifests as "TV" plus a long number. I'm presuming it means the Humax box not the TV. Thought I'd explained it ok. Apologies. I'll try your suggestion and get back to you.
    Ta.

| Thu 14 Oct 2021 16:46:22 #5 |
  6. Gothamite

Gothamite

Tried that.
    Didn't work unfortunately.

Interestingly it seems to work ok on my other TV that has a Chromecast doodad connected...

This is why I thought it was an issue with the Humax...

| Thu 14 Oct 2021 16:58:58 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I haven't cast to my 4000t for months because I always use my TV now.
    I have just tried and it's not working for me either. I can tap the cast icon and my Humax will open up the YouTube homepage but that's as far as it will go. Trying exactly the same (with the same video) to my TV and it works almost instantly.

The message you are getting suggests that you are trying to cast to the TV. My Humax is listed as FVP 4000T XXXXXX, I would have thought your Humax would be identified in a similar way using the model.

| Thu 14 Oct 2021 17:21:52 #7 |
  8. Gothamite

Gothamite

Ah...ok.
    A Humax issue it is then...

Thanks for trying.

Regards.

| Thu 14 Oct 2021 17:37:31 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.