My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

CEC Not Working Consistently on 5000T

(14 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What happens if you disconnect the amp as a test?

| Sat 17 Mar 2018 12:35:09 #11 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

REPASSAC - 1 month ago  » 
    What happens if you disconnect the amp as a test?

I will do this at some point and test but I do have the following update from testing over the last month:

CEC always works correctly on a Sunday morning, so does that mean the housekeeping is different?

I have also been recording the Commonwealth Games so the box was recording when I switched it on from standby first thing and CEC has worked every time without a hitch for the last two weeks. This morning, now the games have finished, it didn't work.

I'll do some more testing and report back.

| Mon 16 Apr 2018 13:45:35 #12 |
  3. aciddad

aciddad

special member

Re: housekeeping time.
    FWIW, Last year I checked my 4000T over a week in August. Every start time was different with the earliest at 3:03 and the latest at 4:54. Actually these were the times the usb port powered up which I monitored with a bit of kit I made. I assume that was the box waking up for housekeeping.
    Not relevant to the op I know but may be useful info.

David

| Mon 16 Apr 2018 15:08:10 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I wish you luck in your quest to get this working as you would like. However, in my experience, if it's not working "out of the box" as you would expect, it probably never will. Complete integration between different equipment would be fantastic but is not guaranteed by ANY manufacturer. Again, it's my experience that even when the equipment is all badged the same, 100% integration does not always follow.
    By all means experiment, but don't let it be the holy grail that, in its search, spoils your enjoyment of the rest of your equipment.

| Mon 16 Apr 2018 17:49:27 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.